What is the used boat market like?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

wiread

Re: What is the used boat market like?

#16 Post by wiread » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:15 pm

Prices are starting to come down here. Not back to what they were pre-covid, but a little more sane. I was going to wait it out and wait for all the covid boats to go for sale, but screw it. We're selling our older pontoon and moving into a 2017 Sylvan pontoon with a 90 on it. won't be much of a difference "performance" wise with our current boat, just a lot newer and pretty much new condition comfort. in a few when the kids are a bit bigger, then Dad gets his 23' tritoon with a 200 on it. But for now, if the rain holds off, I'm going to take it from the current owner and cross a couple lakes and up a river to our Marina this evening.

steve1313

#17 Post by steve1313 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:43 am

wiread wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:15 pm
Prices are starting to come down here. Not back to what they were pre-covid, but a little more sane. I was going to wait it out and wait for all the covid boats to go for sale, but screw it. We're selling our older pontoon and moving into a 2017 Sylvan pontoon with a 90 on it. won't be much of a difference "performance" wise with our current boat, just a lot newer and pretty much new condition comfort. in a few when the kids are a bit bigger, then Dad gets his 23' tritoon with a 200 on it. But for now, if the rain holds off, I'm going to take it from the current owner and cross a couple lakes and up a river to our Marina this evening.
Cool! Taking delivery of a "new" boat is always fun. Be sure to post some pics!
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

wiread

#18 Post by wiread » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:23 am

well, I got to pay the balance on it and get the title etc, but I still don't have it. Kind of a funny confluence of events, the marina says they can't take the old one out until next week likely. They have no open "transient" spots open because of the holiday weekend coming up. I do not have a trailer to take the old one out, but can rent one. But as luck would have it, my truck is in for at least 5 days of hail repair all this week so I have nothing to pull it with anyway. I could probably borrow a friends, but i'm not even going to ask.

We have a boat in the water, we can use, i'll just have to wait a bit longer is all. Thankfully the sellers have 2 slips in front of their condo, one for their new and one for their old (ours) and they told us it could sit there for 3 weeks if it had to. I'm hoping by Friday otherwise it will likely be the following weekend.