re-wiring 88 Bass Buggy pontoon

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

jasindude1

re-wiring 88 Bass Buggy pontoon

#1 Post by jasindude1 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:57 pm

So, searched all online and of course couldn't find ANYTHING about a wiring scheme, called Suntracker and no luck there, so turning to the forum peeps, Here are the issues i am having, no speedo, no tach, no water temp, voltage gauge works, opened the console and man wires running everywhere some not connected to anything, just a total mess, I have a 6 fuse box that has 5 glass fuses on it and dont know what they ever go to. Lights work, fish finder works, cig lighter, anchor light doesn't, no radio and bilge doesn't work. Besides that runs and drives fine, ok so first question, i want to track down the speedo and tach issues, do I need to run a fuse to the gauges? I have been reading yes you do, or wire all all gauges to 1 fuse, ok well what size fuse? 1 ordered a circuit breaker box with 5,10,15 amp fuses breakers and a box of 5amp breakers for the front panel accessories. Replacing the front old lights with 120w LED lights, installing a stereo, and replacing all old corroded wires. So any information on wiring, fuse recommended sizes, how to track down tach and speedo issues, (the water temp doesn't have the wire to the motor.) Tach really more than anything bc i wanna be able to adjust idle. The lights and switches and wires im just gonna scrap and buy all new switches and run all new wires. So if u can tell me what the glass fuses wiring diagram is, help with gauges or have any insight or maybe done this urself please i would really appreciate some help or guidance, i have never wired a boat before, but i have re-wired many cars, motorcycles and installed many after market electronics.

Lt. Dan

Re: re-wiring 88 Bass Buggy pontoon

#2 Post by Lt. Dan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:15 am

Pontoonstuff.com has a decent wiring harness to get started.
2015 Bennington 24 SSXR triple tube with Yamaha 150
1988 Intec Island Cruiser