Where do I look for electrical problem?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Mike K

Where do I look for electrical problem?

#1 Post by Mike K » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 pm

My accessories, horn, stereo, lights quit working on my Sun Tracker. The Dash guages still work though. They all worked the last time I took it out ... then I had the Mercury outboard serviced. Do you think maybe something was accidently disconected? Where do I look? I noticed two 20 amp fuses broken (not burned) back by the batteries , so I replaced them , still no luck with the accessories. Is there a wiring diagram for a 2001 Suntracker Fishin barge? Thank you, Mike K.

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:58 pm

Sounds like they may have dropped a wire or a ground on you, check to see if you have voltage, if you have voltage to your fuse box and on both side of your fuses, you got me stumped, also use a wire a a temporary ground from the battery to make sure you have a ground when testing

If you need extra help we have a bunch more people with Trackers on the other site http://www.pontoon.net/fusetalk/forum/i ... ?forumid=3

Oh and Welcome to our family and also to the PDB family if you join us over there too!
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

Mike K

#3 Post by Mike K » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. This is my first pontoon boat ...and it is soooo much fun and my kids enjoy it more than my go-fast. I am looking forward to many years of finally enjoying boating and having friends along for the fun. I am glad there is a forum for this subject. Thanks, Mike K.

troyedm

#4 Post by troyedm » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:38 am

on my fishing barge there is a fuse pannel under the console. it will sometimes get corroded where the wires plug on. it is a 2000 suntracker 24 fishing barge. all i have to do is unplug and replug the spade connectors to fix the problem. if you need a wiring diagram let me know and i will send you one via email. troy and bj

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#5 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:20 am

Welcome troyedm glad to have you with us and thanks for the Good answer on the electrical problem
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

Mike K

Strange electronic probs.

#6 Post by Mike K » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 pm

Thanks for the reply about my wiring. Sorry it took so long to get back. I went through everything ... fuses, pulling the spades ? like you said ... everything ... I couldn't figure out what it was , spent the entire day ... some people said it was a ground on my motor? Anyway ... it fixed itself. Yeah ..I know that's just as bad ... but so far so good ..I used it twice since it fixed itself ... BUT ... then mysteriously my 'down" trim relay went bad ... they hit it with a hammer and it clicked ... then started working ... I haven't messed with the down trim too much until I was able to get a new relay. I will put in the new relay this weekend. ..what's weird is ..everyone says ...relay's seldom go out ...

troyedm

#7 Post by troyedm » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:22 pm

the wiring schematic is by engine not the boat. i thought the same till i emailed tracker and they said go to mercury. what engine are you running? post what engine and i will have a look at the schematic.

Mike K

#8 Post by Mike K » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:08 pm

The engine is a 2001 Mercury 90 horsepower 4-stroke. Thank you!

troyedm

schematic

#9 Post by troyedm » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:18 pm

i know this is a old post. its been a long time since i been on the forum. did i ever send you the schematic? if not give me an email and i will. sorry if it's late.