installing new pontoons on old boat

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

mikenanna

installing new pontoons on old boat

#1 Post by mikenanna » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:30 pm

We have a '78 model Aqua Patio with some bad wrinkles and nasty scratches on the tubes, along with a tear in the starboard tube seam aft of the deck . I am searching for new replacement tubes, preferably in the western U.S. Home is in western Colorado. Any help would be appreciated. Mike.

t_birder

Re: installing new pontoons on old boat

#2 Post by t_birder » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:29 am

Hey there Mike,
I have a few nice pontoons, but I'm in the ST.Louis area. I know it's not exactly in your back yard, but if interested, drop me a line and I'll send you some pic's.
Clint
618-624-4091

dockholiday

#3 Post by dockholiday » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:33 am

Welcome

The tubes are costly. I had the port toon replaced on my boat and the cost to the dealer from the manufacturer was over 2k. Not saying you couldn't find a deal on ebay or somewhere like that. I recently sold a 89 San Pan 24ft with a 90 merc and tandem trailer for 5k, all it needed was to have the furniture recovered or replaced (about 2k) and the buyer would have a nearly new boat. Talked with the guy that replaced my toon and they all said it was a real chore since every hole didn't match up so it was a real job to get everything to fit properly. Mine also had underskining so that was something else the had to deal with. Bottom line think replacing furniture on an old boat would be much easier than replacing 2 logs, and probably cheaper. Either way good luck with your project.
doc

dockholiday

#4 Post by dockholiday » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:42 am

t_birder wrote:Hey there Mike,
I have a few nice pontoons, but I'm in the ST.Louis area. I know it's not exactly in your back yard, but if interested, drop me a line and I'll send you some pic's.
Clint
618-624-4091

Hey tbird where ya been? Hope you have been doing well during this economic downturn.
Mike if you get the toons from tbird, might as well pickup some of his polish also. It is the best stuff I have found to make your toons look great.
doc

t_birder

#5 Post by t_birder » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:56 pm

Hey tbird where ya been? Hope you have been doing well during this economic downturn.
Mike if you get the toons from tbird, might as well pickup some of his polish also. It is the best stuff I have found to make your toons look great.
doc[/quote]

Hey doc,
Thanks a ton for the kind words!
I'm always lurking here in the shadows. Might not post a bunch, but I'm allways checking out the threads.
Even with the crappy economy this past year, our Sharkhide business has been hanging right in there and with any ammount of luck, we'll do even better next year.
Bye for now,
Clint

oh and by the way Mike, you buy a pair of pontoons from me, I'll Sharkhide em for free.

dockholiday

#6 Post by dockholiday » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:50 pm

t_birder wrote:Hey tbird where ya been? Hope you have been doing well during this economic downturn.
doc

Hey doc,
Thanks a ton for the kind words!
I'm always lurking here in the shadows. Might not post a bunch, but I'm allways checking out the threads.
Even with the crappy economy this past year, our Sharkhide business has been hanging right in there and with any ammount of luck, we'll do even better next year.
Bye for now,
Clint

oh and by the way Mike, you buy a pair of pontoons from me, I'll Sharkhide em for free.[/quote]

That's good Clint, here is to the economy getting better for all us, especially the small business owners......
doc