sweetwater toons

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Big O

sweetwater toons

#1 Post by Big O » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:10 pm

what can you guys tell me about sweetwater family of pontoons, particularly the tuscany series? any information regarding pros, cons, quality, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

dockholiday

Re: sweetwater toons

#2 Post by dockholiday » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Had a San Pan for about 10 years, very well constructed boat, Godfrey marine makes (or use to) the Sweetwater, Aqua Patio and San Pan. Think the San Pan was the flagship, but understand the other two are well made boats.
doc

Bamby

#3 Post by Bamby » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:16 am

A friend of ours has one and it appears to be a pretty well made boat all in all. The salesman stated that the seats were watertight and anything stored in them would remain dry, but he soon found he was wrong about that claim.

Also the corners are weak in design and if you bump anything at all they'll be bent. Both front corners on his are bent and damaged already and his boat is just over a year old. And he is a careful boater just don't take anything to damage or bend them. Otherwise it's a real nice pontoon boat.
Respect Our Recreational Resources
Leaving Only "The Footprints of Your Passing"

Boating the Muskingum River
1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
2007 90 hp. Yamaha

oldmn19

#4 Post by oldmn19 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:18 am

I have a Tuscany model bought new that I like very much. It has the same chassis under it as there top of the line models. Well built and I like the lay out for fishing. I had a problem with 2 frt cushions loosing the bolster seal and getting flat. I contacted my dealer, it was over 18 months old, and they contacted Godfrey. I told them I could do the labor, so they UPS ed 2 new cushions with in 10 days right to me. Did not ask for old ones returned. As to the corners denting easy, I would say any aluminum trim wrapped around the corner and hitting something solid will get dented no matter who made the boat. After my son ran mine into the gas dock and dented one of mine I bought 4 corner bumpers that solved that problem. The only differences I have seen between the Tuscany and there higher end models is the fancier appointments. I was more interested in the practical use and ease of maintenance rather then impressing my neighbors. I would recommend it at the price as being pretty hard to beat. Good Luck and have fun checking them all out! :2cents
2005 Tuscany TS2286FC by Sweetwater
22 ft, 90 hp 4s Yamaha
Lorance 332c GPS/Fishfinder
Minnkota copilot Trolling motor
3 battery's, tandem axle trailer pulled by 05 Dodge Quad Cab Hemi 2x2.