Seat Covers

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ROLAND

Re: Seat Covers

#16 Post by ROLAND » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:42 am

trott46 wrote:Roland and h2otoo The only problem with the coves on that website is that you Will have to take the bimini off the boat completely also no air circulation when covered most playpens allow the bimini to stay on, trailerable, easy on off, and allow some air circulation.
Ttrott... thanks for the heads up... I went back and looked at those covers and the pics they display sure look like the bimini tops are "off". however in thier write up on thier covers, I copied and pasted the following :

"You'll need to take into consideration your canopy top - does it stick back off of your railing and extend past your deck in the rear? If so, you'll need to add this to the length of your deck. Basically, you must determine the maximum length of your pontoon boat from front to back, not including the tubes. "

According to that you should be able to leave the bimini top on... if not, I'm not going to fool with it... way too much work there.. as for air circulation I wondered about that and I think you're right. My plan was just to pull the ends up on the cover when parked in storeage to let air pass thru. I've got a playpen cover but it's such a pain to put on, that's why I was considering one of those "other" covers.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

ChrisC

#17 Post by ChrisC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:50 am

Can someone point me towards a place to buy the individual seat covers? I have a covered slip so I do not think that carpet fading would be a probelm but I think that we might use the boat a little more for quick outings if we did not have to wrestle with the playpen cover...

Thanks,
ChrisC
ChrisC
2006 Premier Legend Tritoon
135HP Honda

Towdaddy

#18 Post by Towdaddy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:45 am

We have the half day cover for the back of our toon with the front playpen cover. We also purchased seat covers as part of the package. We generally use the seat covers in good weather and when we know that we are going out the next day. It is generally quicker to get the seat covers on and off and it keeps the dew off the seats.

On my playpen cover, I replaced one of my vents with a solar powered fan vent. I have these on previous boats and really like them. It circulates air under the cover, helps in preventing mildew, and keeps the boat cooler under the cover.
Jeff

----------------------------------
Peggy Sue
25 x 10' 2009 Premier Escapade
225 Mercury Verado

jamelvin

#19 Post by jamelvin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:10 pm

I had my seat covers custom made locally. Some companies offer them or have a supplier that can provide them.
Joe

Southern Illinois