a few newbie questions

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

cicora

a few newbie questions

#1 Post by cicora » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:38 am

I'll be moving my pontoon from the storage place to my house on the 20th to begin the partial tear down/rebuild. I've got a couple of questions.

1. Can you powerwash the logs? I'm assuming you can, but I want to make sure. There's zebra mussels and dried algae that I want to get off.

2. I'm replacing all the furniture. What do I do with the holes in the floor from the previous furniture? Fill them with something or leave them? Also, currently there is a drain holw for a live well that I'm replacing. Since this is bigger then a screw hole, does something special have to be done with it. (All the holes will be covered by the new furniture.

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to start working on her. It's been in the seventies the last few days here in Cleveland and I'm getting anxious!

mike
Site Owner

Re: a few newbie questions

#2 Post by mike » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:26 am

Welcome, sounds like a fun project! What is the existing decking material and condition? If you rebuilding the toon, you might want to take this opportunity to replace the decking too?
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

cicora

Re: a few newbie questions

#3 Post by cicora » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:35 am

The decking and carpet were replaced before I bought the toon. Both are in good shape. Brand new carpet and no signs of rot or any softness with the deck.