Great day on the lake, sort of...

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

FloterBoter

Re: Great day on the lake, sort of...

#16 Post by FloterBoter » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:59 am

next i suppose you'll want a big hunk of duct tape on there!

ain't that a purty couch.

ROLAND

#17 Post by ROLAND » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:25 am

Slingshot... thanks for the adviceon the ECM.....I'll make sure to have that checked when I take her in for the 10 hour service... at 7 right now, figure one or two more little fishing trips with momma will take us up to ten hours and then I'll put her ( the boat, not momma ) in the shop. The alarm I heard was a loud high pitch squeal... we were still in the no wake zone leaving the launch so the motor was idled down pretty low. As soon as I heard it, I killed the motor and started searching for what could be wrong. Now when I started the boat back up to put her on the trailer, the alarm was gone... I just assumed that the exact time I hear the alarm, I also noticed nothing coming out of the pee hole.. just assumed the two were related. Now what worrys me is after I cleared the pee hole, we took her out for a nearly 4 hour boat ride... sure hope that ride didn't hurt anything. Your thoughts?
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

slingshot

#18 Post by slingshot » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 am

This is strictly speculation:

If it was very cold the day of the launch and you had a high viscosity oil you could have gotten a low oil pressure buzzer which went away when you hit the gas a little and thereby spinning the oil pump faster to get the oil pumping. .

Its possible that you picked up a piece of garbage around your water pickup on your lower unit which would stop the flow of water to the engine and give you a low water pressure buzzer. When you stopped to check things out the obstruction would have fallen away from the intake area due to lack of suction when you shut your motor down.

Or you where dreaming and that buzzer you heard was your alarm clock. Just keepen it real.
2007, 2570 Crest LE II
Yamaha F150

Woody

#19 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 am

slingshot wrote:....
Its possible that you picked up a piece of garbage around your water pickup on your lower unit which would stop the flow of water to the engine and give you a low water pressure buzzer. When you stopped to check things out the obstruction would have fallen away from the intake area due to lack of suction when you shut your motor down.

Good point. This has happened to me before.
2014 Benny (Until I find a replacement for my totaled JC Tritoon)

Usually somewhere on the TN River

FloterBoter

#20 Post by FloterBoter » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:19 pm

ROLAND

#21 Post by ROLAND » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:13 am

[quote="slingshot"]This is strictly speculation:

Slingshot... that sounds like what happened... No alarm when I first fired it up on the launch, but the second I got clear of the launch, but still in the no wake zone, the alarm sounded... killed the motor.. There was no alarm when I started it back up... Thanks alot for your help. When I take it in for the 10 hour service in a couple of weeks I ask them to pull the code and see what triggered it. appreciate your help.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana