Looking for deckboat to fit in 21' deep garage with trailer?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

badmoonrising
Site Admin

Re: Looking for deckboat to fit in 21' deep garage with trailer?

#16 Post by badmoonrising » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:12 pm

I have 6 security cameras, a tactical Remington 870 and I sleep lightly :rofl :rofl :rofl
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

ROLAND

#17 Post by ROLAND » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:27 am

Stephen wrote:
ROLAND wrote:Stephen, is that "outside" or inside storeage?
The only way I could be ok with throwing $85 or even $60 a month into just storage, is if I owned a 2010 Bennington like you do. I think you're certainly doing the right thing, in my opinion.

That said, I keep mine covered, .

Stephen.. thanks for the nice comments about our rig, but let me assure you I have one of the cheaper Benny's on the market. Seriously, our boat is from Bennington's "value" series which is a nice way of saying "less expensive"... That dosn't bother me one bit. The warranty on my boat is the exact same warranty that comes on a 50K benny.. mine just dosn't have all the bells and whistles.. but it's got all I cared about... 3 fishing chairs, a chaise / sofa... cd / stereo player and a vinyl deck... surprised me to find out the vinyl deck actually cost alittle more than carpet, but haveing had the boat out 3 or 4 times this year, I'm glad we got the vinyl... no carpet stains to worry about and the vinyl cleans up easy... about the only thing " extra " I got on ours was 25 inch toons instead of 23's, that way I was able to put the F75 yammy on the back end, other wise I would have only been able to put a 50 on her... mine dosnt have floor lights, extra speakers and all that. My son has a much more expensive Benny and it's nice, but I couldn't justify spending 15 grand more just for a few amenities that came on his boat... back to the storeage question... I had a new driveway put in about 10 years ago at that time I had them pour an extra large pad beside the garage to give my son some place to park without blocking the cars in the garage.. that pad is plenty big enough to keep the boat on.. my original thought was to buy a 4 or 5 hundred dollar cover and keep her home year round... but because of all the squirrels and the damage they did to my buddys boat, I opted to put her in storeage... but I wish it was sitting here at the house... I hate driving over to storeage to get it when I want to use it, and again back over to put back in storeage at the end of the weekend... who knows, when the new wears off I may bring her home anyway.. I'll see if I can post a pic or two of my boat for you... have a good weekend my friend
all our pictures 287.jpg
all our pictures 287.jpg (367.7 KiB) Viewed 967 times
all our pictures 296.jpg
all our pictures 296.jpg (368.71 KiB) Viewed 970 times
all our pictures 299.jpg
all our pictures 299.jpg (282 KiB) Viewed 967 times
all our pictures 300.jpg
all our pictures 300.jpg (220.66 KiB) Viewed 967 times
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

Stephen

#18 Post by Stephen » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:56 am

Sweet ride, man. I love it.
Stephen & Gina
"It's Aboat Time"
2007 Godfrey Sweetwater Tuscany Series, 21'
2002 GMC Sierra 1500
Lake Arrowhead, TX

"Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short."
-Adam Hochschild