Whats your take on swimming under the boat?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Is it safe?

Yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 33

jamelvin

#16 Post by jamelvin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:14 pm

We were afraid they would hit thier heads on the bottom of the pontoon and we would never hear that they were in trouble. We also had a rule that there was no swimming for very long underwater. This made it easier to keep track of everyone and there was one kid (nephew) who could swim underwater pretty well.
Joe

Southern Illinois

bug73
Site Moderator

#17 Post by bug73 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:13 pm

if your worried about someone starting it, remove the key and then flip the safty kill switch...at least on mine, its located on the side of the throttle housing and works like an emergency kill switch.

Works great, especially when you panic and dont remember its there and dont realize it was flipped, get towed back to the dock, spend one week troubleshooting the thing and find out it was your stupidity of how it was flipped to begin with...dont ask me how I know all of this...LOL

Ngataki

#18 Post by Ngataki » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:14 am

bug73

LOL.. I think we Michiganders have the same bug :P :roll:

I once hooked the battery up the wrong way (plus on the minus etc...) :oops:

p.s After a few beers and a dockside congregation we got it fixed..Pontooning is fun.....

Enjoy..
Ngataki

Gillgetter 721 Family Cruise
60 HP EFI Bigfoot-scissor jack Genesis trailer

Pop24

#19 Post by Pop24 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:49 am

Backlash wrote:Oh hell yes. put your lifejacket on upside down like a diaper, and bob around in the shade with a nice cold beer. Now that’s my idea of swimmn!!!
We keep a couple of the kids' "water-noodles" on board and use them. Just straddle them and you can just float around under the boat no problem.
"My drinking friends have a lake problem"
2006 Bennington 22' TripleToon,Yamaha 150