Spent the last two days laying under 40000 pounds

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Spent the last two days laying under 40000 pounds

#1 Post by HandymanHerb » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:41 am

I figured out I'm to old to be crawling under a mobil homes, maybe that's why I gave it up a few years back, but I'm helping my Dad and his woman friend who are buying one and selling the old one.

I spent the last 2 days re-leveling the new one, It was low and I'm out of shape, nothing like laying in the dirt and watching 40 thousand pounds shift and grown just inches from your eyes and having Rean tell me I was scaring her with all the noise and the moving, I told her she should try it down here under it, kids don't try this at home, you can get killed or lose body parts you might need.

I only had one dropped on me, a 70 foot single wide , now when jacking up one of these your supposed to keep two safety piers build up along with the jack in our sandy ground and my good Buddie got lazy on me and it was a good thing he was gone and the new guy was helping on that side, but anyway, I always lay the same way the frame runs and seen it coming my way and rolled 2 times away from it when it hit the ground and crushed my cigs in my shirt pocket, had I been one turn slower it would have been a bad day.

The new guy said that scared me, I though you were dead, I said join the club,and was a little on edge for a few hours and when my friend got back he got it from both of us.

I always looked to make sure what the other guy was doing after that
one

Dad just called and asked how I was feeling today, I said things hurt I forgot I had :lol:
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

leon phelps

#2 Post by leon phelps » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Glad your OK Herb.

I miss John also, but not ready to join him.