Indiana Slip Rental?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ChappyEight

Indiana Slip Rental?

#1 Post by ChappyEight » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 am

Hey everyone. As you know, we're looking to purchase our first boat within the next few months (probably during the February Indiana Boat Sport & Travel Show) and I'm trying to figure out where to keep the boat during the summer.

I used to have a `99 F-350 to pull a sprint car trailer but sold it when I sold the race car. So, that means that I'm going to have a boat before a truck to pull it. Not ideal, but that's the situation. My brother has a truck that I can use to get to the lake so I do have a method of transportation, but I would never expect him to shuttle us weekly.

All that said, I am trying to find a lake somewhat near me that offers slip rentals for the summer so I can leave the boat in the water. We live in Brownsburg, IN (NW side of Indy). My parents rent a slip on Monroe in Bloomington but I'd prefer to try and slip closer than 2 hours away if at all possible.

It would seem that Cecil Hardin (Raccoon Lake) would be the closest but I just can't seem to find any info about slips. Also, Lake Freeman, Lake Shafer, and Heritage Lake all seem to be within a reasonable distance but I'm striking out in determining whether or not any of those places offer seasonal slip rentals.

Any info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

(I've posted on multiple forums and just copied the same message... in case you've seen this somewhere else already.)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Landon & Holly
2012 Premier Solaris-RF 240 w/ PTX
225 Suzuki
Lake Monroe (Indiana)
Architect (professionally), Golfer (poorly), Sim Racer (wannabe)

1roadking

Re: Indiana Slip Rental?

#2 Post by 1roadking » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 am

CALL THE LOCAL MARINAS AND THEY WILL KNOW.
2010 Bennington 2075 GLi with ESP
150 yamaha 4 stroke
2012 tundra tow rig
2006 golf cart shuttle from camp to boat

Heatman

#3 Post by Heatman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Raccoon has very few slips to rent. I would also be afraid to keep a boat on the water there. The water level varies greatly. It's a flood control lake. We stayed there a week last month. The water was 7' above normal when we got there and rose another 7' that week.

Morse in Cicero is an option. Lots of slips. I personally don't care for that lake myself. I'm only 10 min. from there but only go there once or twice a year.

Don't have any info on the other lakes.

You could always post an ad on Craig's list.
2014 Tracker Targa V-18 Combo/ Mercury 150hp 4 stroke
'06 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn Hemi
Sheridan, Indiana

DaMan Beagles

#4 Post by DaMan Beagles » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Raccoon
We are going to try and rent a slip at Raccoon next year! You have to put your name into a drawing after labor day for the next year. All you have to do after labor day is go to the park and put your name in for the drawing for the next year. The price is fare but we will wait till mid June to leave the toon in the lake

DaManBeagles
Joe
Terre Haute In
24' Sylvan 3.0 I/O

ChappyEight

#5 Post by ChappyEight » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:41 am

Thanks for the info guys. Beagles, where do you have to go at Raccoon to enter the drawing?

I'm not sure that's where we'll go, especially since the slips aren't covered, but without having a truck just yet, when we purchase a boat we'll have to find a lake and slip there for at least a season.
Landon & Holly
2012 Premier Solaris-RF 240 w/ PTX
225 Suzuki
Lake Monroe (Indiana)
Architect (professionally), Golfer (poorly), Sim Racer (wannabe)