Posted at PDB

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

avguy

Posted at PDB

#1 Post by avguy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:29 pm

I just wanted to let you guys know that I posted this over at PDB.
I really wish you guys would re-think your position regarding PDB. Scott

My view:
This was an incredible site that offered a tremendous amount of information on just about anything a pontoon (or deckboat) owner would ever want to know.
There have been issues in the past (as with any forum) but everyone always seemed to be able to eventually get by the issues and continue talking about boating & pontoons.

As someone else said we have hit a new low on here. So who's fault is it ?

The dirty dozen:

This forum (msn) was around long before most of you and I were here and will continue long after you and I leave. You take with you a vast amount of practical experience and knowledge that would / could help may new boaters that will come to this site. It is the new people coming here looking for answers that will be punished by your decision to leave....not Brady or Tyler.

Rest assured that while this site will be less without your knowledge you are not irreplaceable. There will be new members that will in time step in to replace you. Off the top of my head I can think of a half dozen or so members that were on the site when I joined that were considered to be "core" members here. Well guess what? They're all gone. And the site is till here and until a few days ago thriving pretty good.

So dirty dozen.... if you think that you have been so irrepriably harmed here that you can never participate and contribute on this forum again then go.
I've seen 3 year kids throwing a fit over a sucker act more responsible than you guys have.

To Brady & Tyler:

I don't know how in the hell you expect any forum to stay even remotely under control with as little moderating that is done here. You guys are practically nonexistant until your in box fills up. You then send a couple PM's & maybe delete a post or two. And then we have to wait until your in box fills up again before before you send more PM's & delete a few more posts.

I can see very clearly why the Dirty Dozen got so upset. You let them say what ever they wanted to who ever they wanted when ever they wanted for so long without any consequences then you swoop in and clear house on them???? And you wonder why you now have a free-for-all???

You need a moderator. You need someone here on a daily basis that will moderate this site so that everyone involved will know exactly where they stand, what's exceptable and what's not exceptable.

And to everyone else:

If you don't have something positive to add to a thread then keep your thoughts to yourself. Take your negative comments to another forum. Scott

Edit: I too agree with the amnesty.

-------------------------

lakerunner
Site Moderator

Re: Posted at PDB

#2 Post by lakerunner » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Who is the dirty dozen?
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

dockholiday

#3 Post by dockholiday » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:56 pm

Lake, not sure who the dirty dozen are but I may be one of them too. Seems like we didn't have many more than a dozen actively posting anyway so looks like they were talking about all us. Funny got an email about a thread being moved to off topic today. Never got anything like that before.
doc

dockholiday

#4 Post by dockholiday » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Funny saw the F+ at the top right of the page and thought that was my rating. Better to start at the bottom and work your way up. Finally realized it is just to change font size. Still don't know how to drag and drop a link though.
doc

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#5 Post by lakerunner » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:39 pm

I just wondered cause It seems I am the only one still unable to post on PDB. I'm not banned I just can't post
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#6 Post by badmoonrising » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm

I posted something similar to this and Brady deleted it, so don't expect it to stay up.
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

bug73
Site Moderator

#7 Post by bug73 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 am

Your right AVguy. And I really dont care if that forum carries on or not. It wasnt right what they did and how the did it all over politics. 4 years ago the politics got pretty nasty also but they didnt kill the posts then so what was the difference now?

THink Im done messing around over there...Im going to kill the rest of all my old posts and leave it at that just becasue I can. I wish more could have killed thier posts and broken up more of the threads but who cares at this point.

This site will eventually climb up better anyhow.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward

25 foot Catalina Sailboat

bug73
Site Moderator

#8 Post by bug73 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:23 am

Shouldnt this have been in off topic anyhow?
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#9 Post by badmoonrising » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:43 am

Yeah I'm done there and somehow they couldn't delete BMRv5 as author(posts are gone though) in a ton of threads there. Seems like they screwed up their database. :lol:
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

WaltF

#10 Post by WaltF » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:02 pm

Thanks for the back stab over there on PDB, avguy...
You knew what i was trying to say.... :x
That DnC idiot is JUST as guilty, yet he's still there....
Grow a pair...
--------------------
ImageImageImage
--------------------
'07 22 ft SunTracker Regency 135hp i/o
'02 Dodge 2500, Edge Juice w/Attitude
Colorado Springs, CO.

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#11 Post by badmoonrising » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Brady and Tyler protected Malcom for years. Then they protected Scottbee, and now DazedandAbused.

It seems THEY always protect the trolls there.

To set the record straight:

I received 14 PMs from Brady in the 2 years I was at PDB.

10 had to do with leaving Malcom alone (leaving Malcom to Brady alone meant not responding to him calling me out, btw). In one of them, Brady apologized to me for Tyler threatening to ban me last year over Makcom. I told Tyler to fuck off last year and never got another PM from him after that.

I responded by telling Brady to "grow a pair". I also posted this in the open forum for all to read. A few of you probably remember this.

2 had to do with Scottbee, and as you all know none of us EVER started anything with him.

2 were telling me I was "racist and making it look like all minorities are idiots".

I asked him to eleborate and never got a response.

I NEVER was told the ban was temporary, that is a boldface lie. We just got banned with no warning for telling Brady what we though of him closing off topic. My PM was cordial:

"Brady, you two crossed the line by closing the forum prior to election day and closing off topic. I think you both owe everyone a PUBLIC apology for your actions...I don't think you have the balls to admit you made a mistake, but it's best for the forum to apologize and NOT just in PMs. Everyone has to see it.

That's it. That's what got ME banned. If Brady is saying otherwise, he's lying.

I told him to fuck off AFTER I got banned by sending him a PM as BMRv2. :lol:
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

avguy

#12 Post by avguy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:45 am

Walt this is what you said:

this guy strolls in here with 30 posts over a few months and ends up getting 5 years worth a valuable data destroyed along with getting a dozen or so original contributors booted off here, then comes smiling back in here with this load of crap.

This is what my reply was:

So Walt.......just so I understand........he is the reason for this entire fiasco and the other guys were just innocent victims? I really am trying my best to understand this. Scott

My point was to try to get anyone that was banned/left or sympathetic to those who did leave to at least admit some responsibility in the meltdown. Your statement makes it pretty clear that you hold him responsible.
There is plenty of blame for both sides here. Do I think it's fair that some people got banned while others didn't? Hell No.
All of this could have been avoided had there been a decent moderator over there. I have PM'd Brady the same.

bug73
Site Moderator

#13 Post by bug73 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:05 am

They where starting to let the trolls dictate the atmosphere over there. From what I observed was that Tyler came in with a power trip attitude and thought he would change the way things where run. Like I told heatman, its like a management change at a company. Some wieners stick with it and end up liking it and being yes men, others that have a pair know when things are going sour and leave. We "cleaned out our desks" so to say by killing all of our posts and left.
- William Arthur Ward

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#14 Post by lakerunner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:43 am

When Tyler first came in his avatar was jesus I believe
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller