warranty issues

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

fasterplease

warranty issues

#1 Post by fasterplease » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:27 pm

Smokercraft. HMMMMMM Bought a new 20' Sunchaser 6 weeks ago. The boat is great, and i feel was good value. BUT! From day one the top leaked in a number of locations. The dealer kept saying they would get ahold of the factory rep. (the stall tactic) Trying to get the factory to give you any kind of positive answer to this point has not worked. Their web site says a great warranty. I'm still waiting. The dealer has walked from the deal, and i'm waiting for him to return my calls.
I would possibly like to upgrade the boat to a tri-toon, but am not happy with the experience so far.

margaritaman

Re: warranty issues

#2 Post by margaritaman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:48 pm

Tell the dealer that you belong to the largest pontoon boat forum and will post his name if the problem is not taken care of. It might get his attention.
Cruising the salt waters of East Florida.

lakerunner696

#3 Post by lakerunner696 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:53 pm

margaritaman wrote:Tell the dealer that you belong to the largest pontoon boat forum and will post his name if the problem is not taken care of. It might get his attention.
Give him this link and tell him to be ready. Oh give us his email and phone # if he still blows you off
Loyd, AKA Angry Ol Bastard & Betty Meeks
Beautiful Lake Tenkiller Oklahoma
2008 F150 Lariat Super Crew
2004 Tracker Regency, 2010 Evinrude E-Tec 90
Haul Rite trailer

God bless our country, God damn it's enemy's.

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#4 Post by badmoonrising » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Yeah getting the runaround can be frustrating...but are you referring to the bimini top ? Is there a manufacturer's tag on it (most are made by manufacturers other than the pontoon builder) ? Do you mean you want to return the boat for a tritoon just over this issue ? :donno :donno
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

fasterplease

#5 Post by fasterplease » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 am

Thanks for the ideas. I will continue to pursue this. I'M NOT GOING AWAY!

Bimini has seams you can see daylight through, and dishes that water pools in, then leaks. It has a forward top that is worse. I paid fair money and feel they should come to the plate. If you say you have a great warranty plan, lets see it!
Stay tuned for more updates.

fasterplease

#6 Post by fasterplease » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 am

I would like to have a third pontoon added and lifting strakes too. We get 26 mph now with a 100 Suzuki, 29 in a pinch. I would like better handling and close to 40 if i can.

margaritaman

#7 Post by margaritaman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:34 pm

fasterplease wrote:I would like to have a third pontoon added and lifting strakes too. We get 26 mph now with a 100 Suzuki, 29 in a pinch. I would like better handling and close to 40 if i can.
Unless you get a bigger motor you will not get 40 with a third toon and strakes.
Cruising the salt waters of East Florida.