Sears 19.2 volt Inflator

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

OldePharte

Sears 19.2 volt Inflator

#1 Post by OldePharte » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 am

My neighbor needed to get his pontoon out for repairs and borrowed another neighbor's trailer. I got his pontoon on the trailer and when he pulled up, I noticed that the four trailer tires were pretty much flat.

The week before, I made a Sears run to cash-in my reward points and a number of gift cards before all expired. The inflator looks like a drill, sounds like hell, but it got the tires up to pressure in about a half hour. It has a nifty auto cut off setting and portable since it uses the standard 19.2 volt batteries.

It comes with a number of attachments for fenders, balls, rafts, floats, etc.

I can't speak for longevity as yet, but so far so good.
'09 Neptoon Sport 25TT SunLounger w/150 Honda

What happens at the lake stays at the lake. Unless I have my camera handy.

Leisure Kraft

Re: Sears 19.2 volt Inflator

#2 Post by Leisure Kraft » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:29 am

OldePharte wrote:My neighbor needed to get his pontoon out for repairs and borrowed another neighbor's trailer. I got his pontoon on the trailer and when he pulled up, I noticed that the four trailer tires were pretty much flat.

The week before, I made a Sears run to cash-in my reward points and a number of gift cards before all expired. The inflator looks like a drill, sounds like hell, but it got the tires up to pressure in about a half hour. It has a nifty auto cut off setting and portable since it uses the standard 19.2 volt batteries.

I have one of the 12V-battery varieties of this. The battery now needs to be replaced and I'm having difficulty finding that model, they're all some other voltage or electrode configuration. When the battery's fully charged it runs as expected but within about two minutes it's not enough to turn the motor. Given the nature of these things when you need it, you really NEED it to work. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I've had with mine.
Michael Blankenship 931-484-2681
Leisure Kraft Pontunes - 1996 Peavine Road, Crossville, TN 38571
http://www.LeisureKraft.com
Find us on the Pontoon Forum members map: http://www.zeemaps.com/295621/Leisure_Kraft_Pontunes

jlbutl

#3 Post by jlbutl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:34 am

Leisure Kraft wrote:
OldePharte wrote:My neighbor needed to get his pontoon out for repairs and borrowed another neighbor's trailer. I got his pontoon on the trailer and when he pulled up, I noticed that the four trailer tires were pretty much flat.

I have one of the 12V-battery varieties of this. The battery now needs to be replaced and I'm having difficulty finding that model, they're all some other voltage or electrode configuration. When the battery's fully charged it runs as expected but within about two minutes it's not enough to turn the motor. Given the nature of these things when you need it, you really NEED it to work. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I've had with mine.
If you take it to a a battery store (Batteries Plus, Battery Source, etc) they can most likely rebuild it for ~$50-60 dollars. It takes about 15 minutes for them to open it up put in new batteries. Just as an FYI.
-----------------------------------
2011 SunTracker Party Barge 22 Regency
2011 Mercury 90hp EFI 4-Stroke
Pea Ridge, FL

dockholiday

#4 Post by dockholiday » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:08 pm

I picked up one of these and it does real well
www.slime.com/shop/heavy-duty-tire-inflator-comp-06/

For it's size the output is better than any portable I have used. Take about a minute to top off a tire or 2 to 3 minutes to totally inflate one. Gave about 35 bucks online somewhere.
doc