need help! - 250 Harris Royal Heritage or 250 Manitou Oasis?

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

marckmann34

need help! - 250 Harris Royal Heritage or 250 Manitou Oasis?

#1 Post by marckmann34 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm looking at 2 boats and I'm having trouble deciding which one to buy. Below are details on each. Any recomandations.

2011 250 Harris Royal Heritage - 225 Merc Verado with 4 hours, PIII toon system, power steering, upgraded stereo, lighted cupholders and rub rail. Top speed of about 40. Also has a lower interest rate and boat dealer on my lake (LOTO Marine Max).

2012 Manitou Oasis 25 SE Stern Entertainer - 250 Evenrude E-tec with 1 hours, SHP 3 toon system, power assist steering, upgraded stereo, lighted cupholders and seats. Top speed of about 50. Is a couple thousand less money but has a slightly higher interest rate and the dealer isn't on the lake.

Bamaman

Re: need help! - 250 Harris Royal Heritage or 250 Manitou Oasis?

#2 Post by Bamaman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:49 am

You couldn't go wrong with either. This is like comparing a Mercedes to a big BMW--no losers here.

When you're talking about making such an investment, I suggest you go to the lake to take a test ride. If your climate is too far north to do that, wait until the lake thaws. Tell both salesmen that you're negotiating with the other dealership competing for your business.

While you're at it, see if any Bennington, Tahoe or Premier dealers want to deal.

You mentioned that one interest rate was lower than the other. That means the manufacturer is buying down the interest rate with the finance source. See if the dealer has a reduced cash price option, and go to a credit union to get your money. It's easy to figure out the cheapest option--in the total of paymets.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

robster

Re: need help! - 250 Harris Royal Heritage or 250 Manitou Oasis?

#3 Post by robster » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:46 am

water test both.. I'll bet the Manitou will handle better.
2011 Manitou OasisVP Tritoon w/Yamaha 150