Back Up Camera sold by TRD Sparks

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

PlaynDoc

Back Up Camera sold by TRD Sparks

#1 Post by PlaynDoc » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 pm

This may not apply to many others on here, but I think some of y'all know people who drive Toyotas.

TRD Sparks (http://www.trdsparks.com/) sells parts for Toyotas - OEM and aftermarket. They not only advertise on the Tundra Solutions (http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/) forum, but give advice, and participate as a regular user. Another good thing about their forum responses - it doesn't always end with, "come buy it at our place". (If that makes sense)

I purchased a VERY hard to find OEM back up camera system for my Tundra. They shipped quickly, and the product worked as described.

It was Plug and Play, since my truck is already pre-wired for it. Well, I had to drill two holes - one in the tailgate handle for the camera, and one on the inside of the thingamabob/sunglass holder for the monitor wires.

The price was quite fair.

No more backing into my trailer tongue! No more getting in and out, in and out, etc, to get lined up right. No more finding the tennis ball antenna thing to put on hitch/tongue to line up correctly. No more bent license plates and dings on the bumper!

Their webpage is a bit 'different' to navigate, but once you figure it out, no big deal.
2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p

ROLAND

Re: Back Up Camera sold by TRD Sparks

#2 Post by ROLAND » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:19 am

Playndoc... funny you mention this... I just had a rental while my Avalon was in the local Toyota shop.. They gave me a Tacoma to drive and the first thing I noticed was the back up camera had a display in the rear view mirror when ever I was in reverse... i hope they make different kinds of camera's, because the one on that tacoma was a pos.... you could see well enough to tell where you were going, but as far as backing up and lining up with a trailer hitch... not using that one... the image it displayed was just not very vivid or clear...
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

PlaynDoc

#3 Post by PlaynDoc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:49 am

Mine isn't in the rear view mirror... It is a larger screen... It replaces one of the overhead sunglasses/junk holders.... Here's a picture... Look how it shows the hitch ball at the bottom..

The image/angle *just* gets the ball of the hitch, and so backing into a trailer/tight spot is certainly easier. The first time I tried it, I laughed outloud, it was so easy.

2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p

Capt Sully

#4 Post by Capt Sully » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Heres another way, wireless and only $140
http://www.iballhitchcam.com/
2012 Xcurison X23C
Yamaha 90 hp 4 stroke
Dual axle full bunk trailer ready to go
All pulled with Z71 4WD Silverado