manufacturer review - Princecraft

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Mr Geets

manufacturer review - Princecraft

#1 Post by Mr Geets » Sat May 05, 2012 7:31 pm

traded my mint o8 Larson 4.3 inboard for a new Princecraft Vector 21 with 90 horse efi 4 stroke merc. 7 grandkids make you do that. Think I gave up 30 miles an hour. First trip was today. Impressed with stability and nice riding and easy low speed manouvering - not sloppy like a regular boat hull at ultra low speeds. Turns are huge unless you do the forward reverse thing at low speeds. Waiting for really warm day to put up full camper top - looks like more than one person required. Also no decent instructions. The merc was quiet and idled way down for trolling speed. I varied the speed a lot and gently kept under 5000 rpm for a break in. Loaded real nice on a steep ramp calm day. Bow was about 6 " too low because of the ramp steepness. Had to winch it up and then out of water I had to winch it ahead 2" - heavy but wet bunks helped. More work to tarp/poles and need to stretch for height of snaps from ground level. Not impressed with factory support "Call your dealer". Dealer Sylvester RV in North Battleford has been outstanding same as when I bought my 30 ft holiday trailer from them. Only thing better would be nice weather and fish.
I live in my own mind
Ain't nothin but a good time
No rain just the sunshine
Out here in my own mind
-Lyle Lovett "In My Own Mind"
2011 Princecraft 21 full camper top
90 Merc efi 4 stroke

bobalong

Re: manufacturer review - Princecraft

#2 Post by bobalong » Sat May 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Mr Geets wrote:traded my mint o8 Larson 4.3 inboard for a new Princecraft Vector 21 with 90 horse efi 4 stroke merc. 7 grandkids make you do that. Think I gave up 30 miles an hour. First trip was today. Impressed with stability and nice riding and easy low speed manouvering - not sloppy like a regular boat hull at ultra low speeds. Turns are huge unless you do the forward reverse thing at low speeds. Waiting for really warm day to put up full camper top - looks like more than one person required. Also no decent instructions. The merc was quiet and idled way down for trolling speed. I varied the speed a lot and gently kept under 5000 rpm for a break in. Loaded real nice on a steep ramp calm day. Bow was about 6 " too low because of the ramp steepness. Had to winch it up and then out of water I had to winch it ahead 2" - heavy but wet bunks helped. More work to tarp/poles and need to stretch for height of snaps from ground level. Not impressed with factory support "Call your dealer". Dealer Sylvester RV in North Battleford has been outstanding same as when I bought my 30 ft holiday trailer from them. Only thing better would be nice weather and fish.
I was looking at the Vector when we were deciding on our Pontoon boat but I wouldn't buy a quart of oil from the Princecraft dealer up here, let alone a boat. We went with OJ's in Wainwright and bought the 206F Sweetwater, very happy with the boat and a great guy to deal with.
2011 Sweetwater 206F Sunrise
2011 60 HP Evinrude Etec
Humminbird 798SiHd
Boating on Moose, Pigeon, Lac St. Anne and Sask Landing

Mr Geets

#3 Post by Mr Geets » Sun May 06, 2012 6:54 am

Mr Geets
2011 Princecraft 21 with 90 merc
Full camper top enclosure
"Little" Peter Pond, Churchill, Laplonge, Lac de Isles
Walleye and Pike
I live in my own mind
Ain't nothin but a good time
No rain just the sunshine
Out here in my own mind
-Lyle Lovett "In My Own Mind"
2011 Princecraft 21 full camper top
90 Merc efi 4 stroke

Old Dog

#4 Post by Old Dog » Sun May 06, 2012 9:28 am

CONGRATS on your new Princecraft Mr. Geets :thumbsup :thumbsup . I have never seen that model 'Vector' before. We are within days of getting our 2012 Princecraft Vectra Fishing Pontoon. Here is a link to it: http://www.princecraft.com/aluminum-boa ... rview.aspx

Is it you who bumped the Princecraft from my one to two? Here's the link just in case it wasn't you: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12543

All the best this summer with the new toon. 7 grandchildren :shock: . We are expecting our first grandchild around the end of August from our daughter :) .

Cheers!
2012 Princecraft 21-foot Fishing Pontoon
2012 Mercury 60HP Big Foot