floor jack

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ROLAND

floor jack

#1 Post by ROLAND » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 am

well after my trailer tire blow out a couple of weeks back, and discovering the bottle jack I had was a major POS... i went out today and bought an inexpensive floor jack... it's from sears and comes with a case which is nice as far as keeping it stored in the 4 runner. It's not a "full size" jack, but since I wanted something to keep in the car, I thought this would be more appropriate... Now I did go over to harbor freight ( is there something wrong with that place, every time I mention "harbor freight", people always have negative things to say ) anyway they had a full size aluminum 2 ton jack with rapid lift system for 160 bucks plus tax... while I know it's a better jack than what I bought, it's also much bigger, does not have a case and would be more of a pain to store in the suv... the sears jack is not aluminum, but it is a 2 and a 1/4 ton jack and only weighs 33 lbs. or so plus it costs about 100 bucks less than the one at HF. Max lift on this thing is 15 inches, that should be enough don't you think... one nice thing I discovered by accident... sign on the shelf said it was 60 bucks... got to the cashier to find out it was on sale for 40 bucks... Since this is an "emergency only " jack, I figured this would suffice...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

blackberg

Re: floor jack

#2 Post by blackberg » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:52 am

thats the best size for the car,
harbor freight here carries a similar size too, they have like 10 different floor jacks here

-bb

dockholiday

Re: floor jack

#3 Post by dockholiday » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Sound like you got a good deal on it. From some of the commercials I have seen, it seems like Sears is ready to get competitive in their mower pricing. I once bought all my stuff from Sears (tools etc) just seem I get further away from their stores every move I make. Nice it came with a carrying case.....
doc