Customer service at RockTheBoatAudio.com

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

PlaynDoc

Customer service at RockTheBoatAudio.com

#1 Post by PlaynDoc » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 pm

A month or so ago, I ordered a pair of 100 watt waterproof marine speakers from Rock The Boat Audio.

Since my boat had only two speakers in the front, I wanted two more - but mounted where they blasted towards the water, not the occupants of the boat. When we're in the water, we like to hear the music, but if we turn the stereo loud enough to hear it in the water, the people still on the boat get blasted out. So, install a pair under the sun pad, adjust the fader to mostly rear, crank it up, and hop in the water.

Back to the review....

The item arrived in a timely manner.

I opened the package to discover that one of the four decorative thumb screws that attach the speaker to the mounting bracket, was missing.

I went to their webpage and did their online chat, to customer service. A fellow by the name 'Matt' <I think> was quite helpful. Along with generalized bitching, I had told him I wanted them for a upcoming weekend away - taking the boat on a trip in two weeks and I needed the speakers mounted. He told me there'd be no problem with me mounting the speakers in time. "No problem at all", was probably his exact words.

He told me that I should not return the speakers purchased, and that he'd send me a new pair, with 2-3 day shipping.

Of course, that took all my bitching away, and had him even repeat what he said. He said that since they were low priced speakers ($39.95) it would not be cost effective to return them.

Having dealt with customer service at so many other places blowing wind up my butt and making false promises, I didn't fully belive him, even after ending the chat session.

I'll be darned, in about 3 days, there was a delivery of a new set of speakers.

That just blows me away, having a company that didn't blame me for the problem, didn't make me repack and reship the item, and didn't wait to receive the item - before they sent a replacement - is pretty darn cool.

YES, I will buy from them again. I recommend you check them out. I don't know how their prices compare to other places, but I'm very cool with my purchase and experience.

I'll do a review of the speakers in another posting, but so far, they hold up real well with my stock JBL marine stereo/amp.
2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p