Godfrey has been good to me too...

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Stevestormey

Godfrey has been good to me too...

#1 Post by Stevestormey » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 am

In 2003 I bought a new AquaPatio from Godfrey. I love the boat, but I immediately had problems cleaning the vinyl (all except for the gate filler seat). I tried everything for 3 years, but finally gave up. It just looked like crap. All the tops of the seats were so brown that my wife started to applogize to guests about it even before they came aboard.

I brought it up to my dealer a few times, and he always gave me a new cleaner to try. I took the boat into the dealer two (maybe 3 now) years ago and he took pictures and sent them to Godfrey, but nothing ever happened. I got busy and never pushed it. Finally, though, I pushed it again last spring. My 5 year warranty was about to be up. The dealer took pictures again, this time the seats looked even worse.

In the end, Godfrey replaced ALL my vinyl. I mean ALL. I have a whole new captains chair, new sundecks, new seat backs, seat cusions, the works. I didn't think that would ever really happen for a five year old boat, out in the West were toon sales aren't huge yet. Plus, some parts had to be custom made again since they don't make 'em any more on the newer models. You can kinda see the brown in the pics below. I tip my hat to my dealer (Executive Boat & Yacht) and to Godfrey. It's nice to have someone back up thier product.

Last edited by Stevestormey on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve & Stormey
Salt Lake City, Utah
2003 AquaPatio 220 LE
2 Log, 115HP Yamaha OB
2006 Dodge Ram 2500
"Nothin' Beats a Toon"Image

Beamer

Re: Godfrey has been good to me too...

#2 Post by Beamer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:46 am

Steve, did they ever explain the reason for the stains?
My AquaPatio is 3 years old and I don't have that staining problem?
22' AquaPatio 90 4s Yamaha
Port Perry, Canada

Stevestormey

#3 Post by Stevestormey » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 am

No Beamer, they never explained them. I personally believe it was just a bad batch of vinyl, but I don't really know what it was for sure. The Godfrey parts people just shipped out new stuff to my Dealer after he got the warranty claim approved. The Dealer installed it.

The only negative I will say about Godfrey is thier habitual problem of shipping the wrong parts. This is the fourth time I've had parts shipped and each time they got part of the order wrong and had to re-ship. In fact, this time I even drew up a complete picture of my toon showing which seats/decks I wanted replaced. They ended up shipping replacement parts for the whole toon, but shipped a wrong Captains Chair.
Steve & Stormey
Salt Lake City, Utah
2003 AquaPatio 220 LE
2 Log, 115HP Yamaha OB
2006 Dodge Ram 2500

Beamer

#4 Post by Beamer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:00 pm

You gotta wonder how these people make money.
A similar thing happened to me but with the dealer.
I wasn't happy with the prop they first installed, WOT RPM was too high.
They said they would drop off the next size for me to try.
The next day The new prop was sitting on my front porch, didn't sign for it.
Well it worked great, they never did call back and I didn't call them so now I have a spare N/C to use in emergencies.
22' AquaPatio 90 4s Yamaha
Port Perry, Canada

Stevestormey

#5 Post by Stevestormey » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:50 pm

Funny, the exact same thing happened to me too. I too have a spare.
Steve & Stormey
Salt Lake City, Utah
2003 AquaPatio 220 LE
2 Log, 115HP Yamaha OB
2006 Dodge Ram 2500