Need Help can not decide between Manitiou or Bennington

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

badmoonrising
Site Admin

Re: Need Help can not decide between Manitiou or Bennington

#16 Post by badmoonrising » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Sounds like he's an Avalon dealer trolling...

Sounds great but most pontoons have all 10 things you have listed, plus Tracker's lifetime hull and deck warranty owns 5 years...

Just saying. :rofl
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

Ray Jr.

#17 Post by Ray Jr. » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:57 pm

badmoonrising wrote:Sounds like he's an Avalon dealer trolling...

Sounds great but most pontoons have all 10 things you have listed, plus Tracker's lifetime hull and deck warranty owns 5 years...

Yeah and Premier has a lifetime hull, deck and seat frame warranty too
Freedom Lovin' gun crazy Redneck
2010 Premier Sunsation LTD 225 PTX
2010 150 HP Mercury Optimax
got rid of POS 2010 Yacht club dual axle triple log trailer
now have a 2012 Shoreland'r dual axle triple log trailer, MUCH NICER

gmoney

#18 Post by gmoney » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 pm

I'm not a dealer I just bought an Avalon.. Almost all pontoons have a lifetime deck warranty and so does mine.. They actually have a lifetime warranty on all structural components that includes their seat frames as well.... Tracker has a 3 year on the rest of their stuff from what I remember.. I looked all around prior to purchasing an Avalon and none of the other ones I saw had anywhere close to all 10 things... some had 3-5 but when it came to structure (risers & cross members) most everyone I looked at cut corners and had spaced risers, and cross members were a few inches short on each side to save on aluminum costs... They just were not built as well to me... My boat just arrived this week and the engine is being mounted.. I just thought people that were consider buying might be interested in what assisted me with my decision... :biggrin2

I thought that was what this forum was for :drink4

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#19 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:57 pm

But you have to remember, everyone bought the boat that fits their life style, and everyone's boat is the best, I think my 91 Grumman is the best, no leaks at all, even though the people who owned it before had to have a gash repaired in the nose cone. 23 years old and better now than when she left the factory with the new upgrades.

The wood was still in good shape and would have lasted another 15 years easy, but I replaced it because it was part of the make over and we wanted to return it to new or better condition, all our metal is in great shape and shining up nice and people think they were new too.

But I love the fact that since I put vinyl on my deck, the women been saying how big it looks now, I look forward to having many women on my deck this summer, it's not fun till you get your deck wet.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

newpontoonowner

#20 Post by newpontoonowner » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 am

Thank you all for all you advice,truly appreciated. We decided to go with the Mantiou because of the V-hull .We also got 7 year warranty and for a very good price. $40 after much research I compared it to many and I myself could not find the same quality boat with that much quality and a tritoon,150hp,2 bimini"s, bbq,porti potti,$800 in store credit to buy tubes etc, and 7 year bow to stern warranty plus 6 years on the motor. Our 2013 Encore Pro anlger is going to be alot of fun for our family. We pick it up today and am wishing for this snow to go away so we can enjoy our very first boat ever:))

curtiscapk

#21 Post by curtiscapk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:26 am

:pics or it didn't happen!!!

Congrats thats a helluva toon!
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

rbiederwolf

#22 Post by rbiederwolf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:25 pm

When does it arrive...Christmas in March, awesome
If you ain't got the the blues, you got a hole in your soul...

Rick
2007 Avalon Paradise Elite 22 Tritoon
2008 Yamaha 150hp

ROLAND

#23 Post by ROLAND » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:47 am

hey newpontoonowner... congrats on the new rig.... that's a heck of a lot of boat, especially for a first boat.... so jealous!!!! now it's time for you to post some :pics or else :box
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

fwood

#24 Post by fwood » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm

newpontoonowner wrote:Thank you all for all you advice,truly appreciated. We decided to go with the Mantiou because of the V-hull .We also got 7 year warranty and for a very good price. $40 after much research I compared it to many and I myself could not find the same quality boat with that much quality and a tritoon,150hp,2 bimini"s, bbq,porti potti,$800 in store credit to buy tubes etc, and 7 year bow to stern warranty plus 6 years on the motor. Our 2013 Encore Pro anlger is going to be alot of fun for our family. We pick it up today and am wishing for this snow to go away so we can enjoy our very first boat ever:))
Congrats on the new boat. I know this is an old post. I bought the Manitou Oasis SHP w 250HO ETEC and couldn't be happier. Have had zero issues with the boat or motor. I compared to all in my area and bought the Manitou even though there is no local dealer. Have not had any issues. I love the ETEC and the boat does 48 with 6 adults on board.
You got a great deal for all of that. Hope you're enjoying it now with the Summer on us.
2011 Manitou Oasis 24 SHP
Etec 250HO
48 mph GPS
'03 Silverado Duramax 4x4
Austin, Texas

schmeg

#25 Post by schmeg » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:01 pm

gmoney wrote:

I'm not a dealer I just bought an Avalon.. Almost all pontoons have a lifetime deck warranty and so does mine.. They actually have a lifetime warranty on all structural components that includes their seat frames as well.... Tracker has a 3 year on the rest of their stuff from what I remember.. I looked all around prior to purchasing an Avalon and none of the other ones I saw had anywhere close to all 10 things... some had 3-5 but when it came to structure (risers & cross members) most everyone I looked at cut corners and had spaced risers, and cross members were a few inches short on each side to save on aluminum costs... They just were not built as well to me... My boat just arrived this week and the engine is being mounted.. I just thought people that were consider buying might be interested in what assisted me with my decision... :biggrin2

I thought that was what this forum was for :drink4
This forum IS for informational purposes. Just understand your study was far from comprehensive. It was rather limited in scope. Some was irrelevant. Some major factors were left out. There are a lot of fine manufacturers out there that will build a boat that will last a long time with proper care. Where the differences occur is in on deck layout and features and hull design which all will appeal to specific buyers, ie buy what fits your needs. Yes, the Avalon is a fine boat, but seeing how you made a recommendation without having any helm time, your study lacked any objectivity.
2013 Sanpan SP2200
"Jackie Blue"
Sebec Lake Maine

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#26 Post by badmoonrising » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:08 pm

I think "gmoney" quit :donno :rofl :rofl
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

BobG

#27 Post by BobG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 am

badmoonrising wrote:I think "gmoney" quit :donno :rofl :rofl
Yeah, some people will go to great lengths to show how "right" they are, and when somebody challenges or *Goddess Forbid* proves them wrong, their over-inflated ego just blows around the room like a balloon and collapses on the floor like a limp rubber pancake. It's sad to see, really, and so easy to avoid with just a few ounces of Humble...

Oh, EDIT: :rofl
2012 Tahoe 24' Fish-n-Fun Tritoon, with Mercury 115 HP 4-Stroke
"Trine SS Cape" (Trying 2S Cape)
Add a battery: viewtopic.php?t=13546&p=105893#p105893
I'm not a liberal, but I play one on this site.

Bryden24shp

#28 Post by Bryden24shp » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Padre wrote: It had a terrible delay from 1300 to 22 hundred RPM, and I took it back to the dealer 4 times and they couldn't fix it.
Thats fixable, the air box was too restricting when the butterflies were just opening. They drill a 1" hole in the front of the air box to correct this. It was very simple fix that I thought every dealer had the TSB for.
Owner-EzFender Boat Products
Members, visit your discount page at:
http://www.ezfender.com/PontoonForums-M ... -Page.html

saewot8

#29 Post by saewot8 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:11 pm

I love my Bennington. I had looked at both Manitou and Bennington but I agree that fit and finish is amazing plus with the warranty that made my mind up. This is my second yamaha and I love them. Quiet and efficient! I have the sl20 with T50 high thrust. Plenty of power to move .........
Charlene
----------

2012 Benningtom SL20
50 Yamaha four stroke