Comparing models between brands

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

AlexW

Comparing models between brands

#1 Post by AlexW » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Hello,

We're just starting to look at tritoons coming from a bowrider. We're pretty confident we want 22-25' and 150HP+ outboard. I've kind of setttled on Bennington, Manitou, Premier, and Harris given the relatively local dealers and reputation on each. Is there a good comparison somewhere that shows what models from each company matches up against a model from another company?

We went to a Manitou dealer Saturday and a Bennington dealer Sunday and without them sitting next to each other at a boat show to compare at the same time (and chasing around a 2 year old while trying to look), I kind of have a hard time making the cross between them. We're looking at the "value" spec type of models, like the S-series Bennington but may move towards the G-series type of model.

Thanks in advance for any help! And by the way......you've been a wealth of knowledge already (I've been lurking and searching old posts for a couple weeks)

Brashanic

Re: Comparing models between brands

#2 Post by Brashanic » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:49 pm

I bought a premier a few months ago. The only wish I have is: I wished I would of looked at avalon. Not saying I would change my purchase I just wish I would of looked.
Last edited by Brashanic on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Premier
350 Yamaha
Colorado River
Live Hard

AlexW

Re: Comparing models between brands

#3 Post by AlexW » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:59 pm

I've never seen and Avalon on the river here. I just looked and we don't have a dealer real close, but I'll keep it in mind.

I meant to post this on the general forum......oops.