Upper decks for Pontoon boats ??

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Bamby

Upper decks for Pontoon boats ??

#1 Post by Bamby » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Here's something I ran into this morning Upper decks for Pontoon boats. The webpage seems to lacking a bit as for information IMHO but I could see where some may be interested in purchasing one for their boat. My concerns would be, lack of any safety railing what-so-ever. And what is utilized as the surface and water barrier for the top itself. Other thoughts anyone?
Respect Our Recreational Resources
Leaving Only "The Footprints of Your Passing"

Boating the Muskingum River
1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
2007 90 hp. Yamaha

ToonGuy

Re: Upper decks for Pontoon boats ??

#2 Post by ToonGuy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:12 pm

I saw that. I can't believe the person who had the capability to install one themselves couldn't go down to the local machine shop and have the parts cut/welded cheaper. Especially when you factor in shipping. I'm sure there will always be the customer who wants one stop shopping, that's just not me.
Just one boat...after another, after another :-)

PlaynDoc

#3 Post by PlaynDoc » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:52 pm

this may sound kinda strange... the product aside...

i wouldn't buy from a company that doesn't check grammar and spelling on their website...

paying attention to detail shows pride in one's workmanship... so.... i would derive that if they pay no attention to detail of their webpage, how am i to believe they pay attention to their product?
2011 SunChaser DS22
Mercury 115 EFI
13.75 x 15p

jsupperdecks

#4 Post by jsupperdecks » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi, this is Jay from J's Upper Decks.

We appreciate you all taking the time to look at our product, and we respect your concerns. We spent years developing a light weight frame that would hold enough weight for several people, and be easy for anyone to assemble. I used to run a company that rented out pontoon boats, and always noticed people wanted a pontoon boat with an upper deck. And when I discovered there was no easy and affordable way to add one to an existing pontoon, I wanted to find out how to change that. So we created our upper deck kit, that we stand behind 100%. It's an affordable way to have a double decker pontoon boat, that will expand boat capacity and fun out on the lake.

If you have any questions about our product or concerns, feel free to call and ask.
Jay Fender
Owner, J's Upper Decks
www.Jsupperdecks.com

We manufacture upper decks custom made for pontoon boats.

playcat

#5 Post by playcat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:55 am

I love mine - the upper deck is as large as most toons. Problem is its TOO big (the whole boat that is).
Attachments
boat for sale 013reduced.jpg
boat for sale 013reduced.jpg (166.96 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
playcat
Boatless for now
Never another I/O
Kerr Reservoir, VA