Garmin Support

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Reiner

Garmin Support

#1 Post by Reiner » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:49 am

Just want to mention my great experience I have had in the past with any Garmin product when it comes to service / product support. No matter if you call or contact them by email you get your questions answered. Never experienced any annoying hold times on the phone, plus you call locally in the US not China/India. Had to call today regarding a problem with a fitness band my wife had for almost a year. Call took 5 minutes and a new replacement is shipping out today.
Just something to consider when buying a product you may have questions with.
Happy and safe boating folks!
Reiner
2015 Lowe SS 210 RFL XL Package 150 HP Merc
"The Nina" or "The Bismarck" my buddy's call it!
2011 Tundra

BobG

Re: Garmin Support

#2 Post by BobG » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:56 am

You gotta hand it to these guys. They're doing everything they can to keep you as a happy customer. And why?

I can probably get an app for my android phone that does everything my Garmin does, without having to carry another device. This has to be killing GPS sales across the board. The GPS in my phone is just as accurate as the GPS in my garmin (and so is the GPS in my Humminbird fishfinder!), and the sky is the limit as to how many bells and whistles the author of that phone app wants to add on. Kudos to Garmin for maintaining under these conditions.
2012 Tahoe 24' Fish-n-Fun Tritoon, with Mercury 115 HP 4-Stroke
"Trine SS Cape" (Trying 2S Cape)
Add a battery: viewtopic.php?t=13546&p=105893#p105893
I'm not a liberal, but I play one on this site.