Excursion a

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Gonefishing

Excursion a

#1 Post by Gonefishing » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Excursion great company. I have a 2013 x23 rfc purchased new in 2013 a couple of weeks ago I lost the chrom cover off of one of my navigation lights. Contacted my dealer and they have been trying to find one and have had no luck. Why I don't know. But today I contacted excursion and talked with there parts department. Guess what they are going to get a set sent to me and best part free of charge. When I offered my cc number I was told no charge and enjoy your boat.

Now that is a great company 3 years old and sending it out free.

Thank you excursion
Bob Jacksonville, Nc

2013 Excursion X23 RFC
2013 115 Yamaha
Pulled with a Ford King Ranch

RcgTexas

Re: Excursion a

#2 Post by RcgTexas » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Some companies just appreciate their customers!
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America

ROLAND

#3 Post by ROLAND » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:39 am

That is good customer support... they obviously know that "word of mouth " is the best advertising they can get... it's always nice to hear when a company goes above what's expected... like you said.. 3 years in... and for free....... can't argue with that!
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

hunter1

#4 Post by hunter1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:16 am

yes that is good customer service but the boat is still under warranty , bow to stern for 5 years

Strake

#5 Post by Strake » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:46 am

TOO WIERD....... Same thing happened to me. YESTERDAY I called Berkshire directly (same family as Xcursion and South Bay) rather than bothering my local Berkshire dealer.

The Starboard side round navigation light Stainless Steel cap popped off. I spoke with Theresa there and she took my info and said they would mail one out to me once she looked up the specifics on my boat (2015 STS 233 RFX).

She said they aren't set up for direct retail but since this was a little item, little issue it would be fine. Offered to send me an email when going out. Great customer service. Even got a real person to answer the phone on the first dialing.
"Strake"
Richard and Angie
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
2015 Berkshire 233 RFX STS
Yamaha F200 LB

Capt Sully

#6 Post by Capt Sully » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:01 am

Great toon and Great company :nana :nana
2012 Xcurison X23C
Yamaha 90 hp 4 stroke
Dual axle full bunk trailer ready to go
All pulled with Z71 4WD Silverado
Maritime mobile KD4LZL
Lake Allatoona, NW Ga.
FVC USCG Auxiliary
Vietnam 66 / 67

Gonefishing

#7 Post by Gonefishing » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:26 pm

While I received the covers. They were the wrong size. Re contacted excursion they sent me out the correct cover. Not only the cover but a complet set of new nav lights. Great company
Bob Jacksonville, Nc

2013 Excursion X23 RFC
2013 115 Yamaha

Strake

#8 Post by Strake » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:40 am

Gonefishing wrote:While I received the covers. They were the wrong size. Re contacted excursion they sent me out the correct cover. Not only the cover but a complet set of new nav lights. Great company
I received mine too...... including the light itself when I just needed the cover.... Now you got me worried.... I didn't go down to the boat to check and see if it's the right size. Decided to wait till spring to put it on and left it in the Condo. What I got was round, about an inch and a half ( or so) in diameter.... It looked about right, but I didn't check the boat. We just left the lake, after a one month stay. Won't be back for a bit. The Customer Service lady said she would look my boat up by it's Hull # to be sure and get the correct part. Hopefully she did.

What did you get the first time?
"Strake"
Richard and Angie
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Yamaha F200 LB

TOOTSJB

#9 Post by TOOTSJB » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 am

That is so wonderful to hear. What a Great way to handle customers and make the boating experience a Good ONE. :biggrin2
[color=#FF00FF][b]Jenn[/b][/color]

Gonefishing

#10 Post by Gonefishing » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:37 pm

Strake wrote:
Gonefishing wrote:While I received the covers. They were the wrong size. Re contacted excursion they sent me out the correct cover. Not only the cover but a complet set of new nav lights. Great company
I received mine too...... including the light itself when I just needed the cover.... Now you got me worried.... I didn't go down to the boat to check and see if it's the right size. Decided to wait till spring to put it on and left it in the Condo. What I got was round, about an inch and a half ( or so) in diameter.... It looked about right, but I didn't check the boat. We just left the lake, after a one month stay. Won't be back for a bit. The Customer Service lady said she would look my boat up by it's Hull # to be sure and get the correct part. Hopefully she did.

The first ones we smaller. I need the large ones about the size of a large egg oval in shape
Bob Jacksonville, Nc

2013 Excursion X23 RFC
2013 115 Yamaha

Strake

#11 Post by Strake » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:29 am

Gonefishing wrote:
Strake wrote:

The first ones we smaller. I need the large ones about the size of a large egg oval in shape
OK, thanks..... mine were the smaller, round ones. Looks like there is only one size for those.
Richard
"Strake"
Richard and Angie
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Yamaha F200 LB