Tahoe vs. Apex Qwest?

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

WGW

Tahoe vs. Apex Qwest?

#1 Post by WGW » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:41 pm

I am looking to buy a slightly used 16 foot pontoon. Looking at Tahoe Cascade and Qwest 16LS for about the same price. Is one brand/manufacturer better than the other at a $10k price point?

ron nh

Re: Tahoe vs. Apex Qwest?

#2 Post by ron nh » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Tahoe/Avalon recently jumped in the small pontoon market as Apex sales started to increase. If you look at the two you'll see many similarities EX: nose cones, fish stations & more, same build underneath as well. LS is the luxury model for Qwest. As of last year Avalon only had basic, so look @ furniture comps as well. Tahoe makes great boats, Qwest specializes on small models, I would look more @ overall condition, and layout preference.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

Maholli

Re: Tahoe vs. Apex Qwest?

#3 Post by Maholli » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Ron nailed it, i was torn between avalon/tahoe vs apex but apex ended up better preformer and with ls models u get top of line everything.. Avalon models that where less than 20ft where not on same level and qwest boats much faster with less hp.. Dont get me wrong, over 20ft i think avalon/tahoe might be one of the best but apex speaxializes in "compact" toons for a long time. Great company and great warranty.. Hit stokelys up if ur in ky..