Cypress Cay/Harris boat order

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

mpilot

Re: Cypress Cay/Harris boat order

#16 Post by mpilot » Thu May 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Okay the boat arrived on the lot Tuesday afternoon and we went and took a look at it. I don't know that I would recommend going to look at a boat right after it comes off of the truck, but we did it because we have waited so long (14 1/2 weeks). To my amazement everything was right on the boat even the speakers we moved from their typical installation. As we were leaving they did inform us that the rear bimini was missing. This isn't normally a big deal but when you have the zipper for the second bimini along with the zippers for the enclosure it gets a little trickier. The good news is that the other boat delivered was a Harris and is in the same general area and that's where it ended up after I did some calling around. The dealer went and picked it up and rigged the boat out. I have to say I wish I dealt with the team in Columbia the whole time as they were much more helpful. They even agreed when I suggested we consolidate the dual battery setup into one seat rather than it being split between two seats so I didn't lose as much storage. Here are a couple of pictures pre rigging that I have, but I'll get more tomorrow. I guess the enclosure is already coming in handy since they will most likely be delivering in rain tomorrow afternoon. The best news was that we caught a little grief from the finance manager because they sold the boat below invoice (before rebates) so I feel like we got a pretty good deal. I wouldn't hesitate to send someone to buy an off the lot boat from them but if you order a Cypress Cay (or Harris from what I have heard) don't expect a 6-8 week lead time even if the dealer gives it to you. Glad the journey is finally over...now if I can just sell my bow rider I can start buying some new goodies for the boat.

Last edited by mpilot on Fri May 20, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoom650

#17 Post by zoom650 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:44 am

Glad you got your boat in! Yay!

Were you saying it came with no rear bimini? And they transferred one from a Harris to your Cypress Cay? Hope so, cause if its like Harris, the front bimini will not stand supported without being zipped to the rear.

Here's a tip: When zipping both biminis together, unlatch the bow and stern support legs, and the tops zip together without stress on the zippers. Then attach the legs to the rail.

Have fun!

mpilot wrote:...As we were leaving they did inform us that the rear bimini was missing. This isn't normally a big deal but when you have the zipper for the second bimini along with the zippers for the enclosure it gets a little trickier. The good news is that the other boat delivered was a Harris and is in the same general area and that's where it ended up after I did some calling around. The dealer went and picked it up and rigged the boat out.
Michael and Laura
'12 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew Ecoboost
'14 Harris Solstice 220, P3 tritoon, Mercury Verado 150, Enertia 14p.
prior boat: '02 Century 2600CC, twin Yamaha EFI 200's, full instruments.

mpilot

#18 Post by mpilot » Fri May 20, 2016 12:16 pm

zoom650 wrote:Glad you got your boat in! Yay!

Were you saying it came with no rear bimini? And they transferred one from a Harris to your Cypress Cay? Hope so, cause if its like Harris, the front bimini will not stand supported without being zipped to the rear.

Here's a tip: When zipping both biminis together, unlatch the bow and stern support legs, and the tops zip together without stress on the zippers. Then attach the legs to the rail.

Have fun!

mpilot wrote:...As we were leaving they did inform us that the rear bimini was missing. This isn't normally a big deal but when you have the zipper for the second bimini along with the zippers for the enclosure it gets a little trickier. The good news is that the other boat delivered was a Harris and is in the same general area and that's where it ended up after I did some calling around. The dealer went and picked it up and rigged the boat out.
Sorry, I'll be a little clearer on that. It left the factory with the front and rear Bimini tops. When they made the drop of the Harris Crowne (they could have mixed up the boats and I would have been okay with that until tax time haha) they insisted that one of those two biminis had to belong to it so they left it at the Harris Dealer. They drove across town and dropped our boat with only the front bimini. The dealer went through the shipping company and rep to try to figure out the situation because at this point we didn't know where it was, it could have never left the factory, fallen off the truck, etc. I called over to the Harris dealer first thing in the morning and they confirmed it was there so my dealer went and picked it up. Today they had an issue with one of the enclosure zippers which held up delivery. Luckily a local upholstery shop was able to get it fixed and I just got the call that it's on the way. I'm meeting him at the gas station for the last cheap tank of gas off water for a while.

I am aware the front is dependent on the back as a few other friends have a similar setup, but that's a good tip on attaching them.

rsscoggins

#19 Post by rsscoggins » Fri May 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Cant see the pics - just black boxed X with "Image" after it

ROLAND

#20 Post by ROLAND » Sat May 21, 2016 2:08 am

congrats on the new toon.. she looks good.. when do you take delivery?
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana