Has anyone considered an Elete Pontoon

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Denny B

Re: Has anyone considered an Elete Pontoon

#16 Post by Denny B » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 am

mike wrote:Does pontoonforums.com get a finders fee if Jim454 orders a houseboat??? :mrgreen: :rofl :nana (just kidding of course)
:biggrin2 :biggrin2 :lol3

Denny B

#17 Post by Denny B » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:34 am

mike wrote:Does pontoonforums.com get a finders fee if Jim454 orders a houseboat??? :mrgreen: :rofl :nana (just kidding of course)
Not a bad ideaaha !!! :lol3

mike
Site Owner

#18 Post by mike » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am

how about instead you just give Jim454 a better "pontoonforums.com" deal on his boat! Then he can come back and sing praises about your company to everyone!!
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

Denny B

#19 Post by Denny B » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:32 am

mike wrote:how about instead you just give Jim454 a better "pontoonforums.com" deal on his boat! Then he can come back and sing praises about your company to everyone!!
I would be more than happy too when Jim454 or anyone is ready for one.

If anyone is interested and would like a brochure? all they just need to do is p.m me with their name and address. :coffee

Heatman

#20 Post by Heatman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:07 pm

1st of all welcome to the site! Now a couple of questions. As far as pricing what would the 22' RE deluxe with a 90 hp 2-stroke and a trailer go for? Just trying to get an idea of your pricing compared to others.

One thing that concerns me with your design is that the fuel tank is not under the sundeck therefore losing 2'-3' of usable space. Seems like 22' would feel more like a 20'. Thanks for your reply!
2014 Tracker Targa V-18 Combo/ Mercury 150hp 4 stroke
'06 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn Hemi
Sheridan, Indiana

Denny B

#21 Post by Denny B » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Heatman wrote:1st of all welcome to the site! Now a couple of questions. As far as pricing what would the 22' RE deluxe with a 90 hp 2-stroke and a trailer go for? Just trying to get an idea of your pricing compared to others.

One thing that concerns me with your design is that the fuel tank is not under the sundeck therefore losing 2'-3' of usable space. Seems like 22' would feel more like a 20'. Thanks for your reply!
Thank you Heatman for welcoming me into your waters!!
The 22 RE Deluxe is a brand new 2010 model for Elete.There are alot of options that come standard on this model like up graded vinyl on the furniture, carpet grade, A nice dash helm with wood trim panel and full gauges, am/fm/cd,speakers,changing room and captains chair.Bimini top is standard on all Elete models. If you look at the Intimidator photo on our web site, you can see where the fuel tank is mounted.The 22 RE is at the same location. If that's doesn't work for you? then there's other ways.
You are asking for a 22 RE Deluxe pontoon in your choice of colors, Pre rig with Mercruy controls, A Merc 90 EXLPT Optimax, and trailer. Our dealers should be selling it to you for approx $19,525.00 Plus freight & prep.Full warranties.Now that's with a Merc 90 Opti. A 90 EFI 4 stroke is just $300 more.We offer a lot of pontoon for the $$..

tkrein

#22 Post by tkrein » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:57 pm

okay nice pontoon but just some ? and maybe some helpfull critism first are 23" logs the biggest you go and i see that you are tring to make a sundeck on the back of some of you models but they seem to have a hole at the front buy the L couch hard to see in the pic of corse and a bigger sundeck would be better but what denny b is asking i think you are trying to have that back space as a swim deck i think you could add a swim deck around the motor do this as an add on get some cash from it hide the battery and gas tank under the sundeck another thing it get some pics of complete models fully rigged on your web site maybe some video of your best model take close ups of the helm just remember the guy buying the toon is more likley going to drive the boat make that the royal thrown of the boat. pffer some upgrades there too just cause you are a inexpensive pontoon doesn't mean no options make that helm the best it can be. one thing i wish i would of done would be to raise the helm up. high dollar option afforadble price. hey good slogan for you otherwise looks good sorry i just want to see a you succed im sure you are doing well and i hope you concider these suggestion on a good note. i always wanted to help design a toon. i bet you would customize a pontoon to my liking so maybe my next rig ill look you up. although i am bennington fan told my wife only the best for me
2017 Bennington 22ssrx
115 Yamaha
karavan Trailer
2014 Chev tahoe

Denny B

#23 Post by Denny B » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:09 am

First, Thank you for your question..
23 inch logs are the going sizes on our 19 foot and up.. However if you would like 26's? thats fine and dandy. We can fabricate and do pretty much anything you want in our shop. Our house boat for instance comes with anywhere from 23 to 30 inch (dia) logs depending on the length and size of the overall vessel.The Elete pontoons have one front, two sides and one rear entry and exit gates wide enough for a wheel chair to fit through.Elete does all custom graphics in house.We can even print your families name on the pontoon any where you like.A custom paint color can be added to the siding as an option.Full camper enclosures for overnighters. :leghump..There are many choices of idea's our customers do share with us and we try to accomindate.It all comes down to the cost and what is affordable for every customers budget on a toon.

dtap

#24 Post by dtap » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 pm

I am considering purchasing a 2010 19' Elete Cruise Pontoon with a 2011 40HP Mercury from a friend. Wondering if anyone owns one of these and what issues if any you have had. Any advise would be welcomed!
2010 19' Elete Cruise
2011 40HP Mercury

Bamaman

#25 Post by Bamaman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:42 am

I've never heard of them, and wonder if they're still in business? They almost look like T&M Marine's Grand Island brand of budget houseboat.

They're a pretty much generic pontoon with utilitarian insides. They should be very well priced on the used retail market.

The market needs a good pontoon houseboat. There's really nothing in the retail houseboat market that's anywhere close to affordable.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

Texoma Toon

#26 Post by Texoma Toon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:57 am

This should be like buying any used pontoon. If you can't do it yourself have a marine mechanic check the compression on the motor. Check that there are no soft spots in the deck and that nothing is loose that can't be easily fixed. Good Luck!
Welcome to the forum. :nana
2007 G3 LX 22 Fish & Cruise
90 Hp Yammy
Dual Axle Trailer

The proud American will go down into Obama's slavery without a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world how free he really is. The world will only snicker. - Pravda

mike
Site Owner

#27 Post by mike » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 pm

In early 2010 he said he wanted to pay for advertising on our site and he never paid me. That was the last I heard from him, I would say buyer beware? If they are willing to screw over the forum, they will probably screw over a customer too.
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

gmoney

#28 Post by gmoney » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 am

I would be very leery. Check out the 10 things to consider when buying a pontoon boat in the manufacturer discussion area. Take these 10 items and compare them to the Elete.. Then you know what you have

dtap

#29 Post by dtap » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 am

Thanks for the heads up guys - I will walk slowly. Appreciate your insights!
2010 19' Elete Cruise
2011 40HP Mercury