Short Notice Help on first boat. MFR rebate until Jan 30.

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

HHbassman

Short Notice Help on first boat. MFR rebate until Jan 30.

#1 Post by HHbassman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:10 am

I live in New York State. My wife and I have been shopping out a new pontoon boat. Looking for new boat because of the warranty on the boat and motor. We came across a pretty decent sounding package. A 2010 Bently/Encore Cruise 22 foot with a Honda 4-Stroke 115 HP, strakes, tow option, fish finder, NO trailer for 22K. The kicker is that the MFR will send a $1000 cash rebate if ordered by Jan 30. We were pretty comfortable until we saw that JD Powers gave Bentley 2 out 5 on most categories. The boat is for cruising a lake in the adirondacks and maybe pulling a kid on a tube. We already have a ski boat, and this is the first Pontoon boat in the family. Understood that Bentley is entry level. Any and All Opinions appreciated. I need to lock in by Friday. Hate to leave a grand on the table if I can pull the trigger on this. Many thanks in advance.
HHBassman
2010 Bentley Encore 22'
115 HP Honda on Schroon Lake, NY
(Home: Sleepy Hollow, NY)

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

Re: Short Notice Help on first boat. MFR rebate until Jan 30.

#2 Post by HandymanHerb » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 am

Welcome, I have no ideal on the pontoon but someone here will, good luck
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#3 Post by lakerunner » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Bentley has had some financial problems and even closed down a while. I think the original owners bought the company back and are back in business.

Don't pay much attention to JD Powers as their rating seemed biased. A few years ago they had Bennington as a a low grade toon when it is top of the line.

Bentley as far as I know build a good boat and a few here have them. I say find what you like and the hell with somebody else's opinion. Make your self happy and the toon should be a good one.

Good luck and keep us posted
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

dockholiday

#4 Post by dockholiday » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:15 am

Is that a 2 log boat? Bentley was sold a few years back, that owner went bankrupt. The company reverted back or was bought back to the previous owner. The bentley is a fairly solid boat, not as solid as my SanPan was but still for the money it is a lot of boat for the money. If you are buying from a dealer get him to pick up a fitted cover rather than the bentley cover. Never seen one that fit properly. Might want to include a double bimini since it will be used for cruising, or at least get a price. I added one to mine a few month ago and it ran 750, might be a little cheaper if ordered now. Price seems ballpark although I am not sure since I know they had a price increase in 09. Good Luck
doc

slingshot

#5 Post by slingshot » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:17 pm

95 percent of the money boat owners spend on boat problems is usually on that noisey, vibrating thing hanging off the back and not the boat itself.
2007, 2570 Crest LE II
Yamaha F150