Premier Pontoon

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

tomtnwlkrs

Premier Pontoon

#1 Post by tomtnwlkrs » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:54 am

Does anybody have experience with Premier Pontoons? I am looking at a 25' 1998 model with a 130 honda. It seems in great shape and Premier will give me a 10 yr warranty on logs and deck. I called them and they said they would. Seemed great to deal with

Thanks,

tom

Ray Jr.

Re: Premier Pontoon

#2 Post by Ray Jr. » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:43 am

We just got a 22' Premier this spring and so far we absolutely love it!! Very comfortable and solidly built.
Freedom Lovin' gun crazy Redneck
2010 Premier Sunsation LTD 225 PTX
2010 150 HP Mercury Optimax
got rid of POS 2010 Yacht club dual axle triple log trailer
now have a 2012 Shoreland'r dual axle triple log trailer, MUCH NICER

stickman

#3 Post by stickman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 am

We bought a new 22' Premier half way through last year's season and we are very happy with it.

Ours is the triple toon PTX package and I really like the performance that it gives the boat. The seating is very comfortable and overall the boat seems very solidly built! :thumbsup

One of the things I really liked when I looked at pontoons was the way the bimini goes up on this Premier. On mine, there are quick-release style holddowns on the tops of the rails and they are real easy to work - even with just one person. No pins to drop overboard and no banging your hand on the supports to knock them in or out of position. The downside is that when I put my forward leaning bimini onto the trailering struts to tow it, those easy little holddowns did not do great working against highway speeds. We've had issues a couple of times where the bimini has pulled up while traveling so the dealership recently agreed to install additional ones so we could lean both biminis backward for towing. So far, so good.

Can't offer you anything about your engine as I have the 4.3L I/O.

I would have liked for Premier to offer a depth guage within my instrument cluster, but that wasn't an option. I've had to add on a fishfinder/depth guage (but we don't fish off this boat). Oh, yeah! Cupholders. You know how some car manufacturers and boat manufacturers make a big deal out of the number of cupholders? Apparently, Premier doesn't - or didn't on my model. A 22' boat with a 14 person capacity and THREE cupholders!

Overall, I am happy with it. Guess I will have to see about getting some of those armrest cupholders that you can move anywhere on the seats.
Rick
2010 Premier SunSation LTD 225RE PTX triple
220hp 4.3L mpi Merc
Beautiful southwestern Ohio

martys

#4 Post by martys » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:43 pm

We have a Premier Legend 225 Triple with a 150 E-tec. Nice solid comfortable ride, the E-tec gives it plenty of power for tubing and skiing. I get some crazy looks when there's a one foot chop with white caps and were are going 30+ mph. We are very happy with this boat. :nana
:usa
Premier 22.5 Legend Triple
150 E-Tec
Baltimore, Maryland

Up North

#5 Post by Up North » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:35 am

Tom,

Was curious if you have a contact at Premier regarding getting a warranty on a used boat. I am in the process of looking for a toon. I am pretty sure we are going to buy a Premier (the quality is the best I have seen so far).

Any info you can share would be appreciated!
A bad day at the lake beats a good day in town...

tomtnwlkrs

#6 Post by tomtnwlkrs » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:11 pm

I looked up the company on Premier and called them directly. I was passed on to somebody in say customer service and they told me what the warranty would be. Hope that helps.

tom

Up North

#7 Post by Up North » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:38 am

Thanks - sounds like that is what they do for 2nd owners. I thought maybe it was a negotiation you went through with Premier. Hope to hear on the used boat I am interested in today. That is hear if the person who beat me to it actually closes the deal.

Thanks again!
A bad day at the lake beats a good day in town...

ChappyEight

#8 Post by ChappyEight » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Test drove a Premier at Pearson's Marina on Lake Freeman just this past Saturday. It was a 2009 Sunsation LTD w/ the PTX package and a 225hp 4-stroke Suzuki.

I've never driven such a responsive pontoon. It definitely would put to rest my fears of not being able to turn around quick enough to grab a skier.

On a side note, Rock and his son Cody at Pearson's Marina are absolutely wonderful. They spent an entire 3 hours with us personally with the test drive and answering all our questions. It would take one heck of a dealer to grab our business when we're ready to buy.
Landon & Holly
2012 Premier Solaris-RF 240 w/ PTX
225 Suzuki
Lake Monroe (Indiana)
Architect (professionally), Golfer (poorly), Sim Racer (wannabe)

rsmith

#9 Post by rsmith » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:33 am

We bought a Premier this spring and so far we're really happy with the boat.

The only issue we've had is I knocked one of the bimini strut clips off the strut when I was putting the cover on. I think the rivet was faulty or not fully secured because I barely touched it and it popped off. The dealer replaced it quickly under warranty and haven't had an issue since and the replaced clip as well as the others seem solid.

We bought the Premier over other toons based on reviews and forum comments and due to the comfort of the seats and the boat layout. We wanted captains chairs up front and there are not a whole lot of manufactures offering that type of layout.

So far everyone who checks out the boat comments on the comfort of the seats instantly.
2010 25' Premier Escapade with PTX
200hp Mercury Verado

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#10 Post by lakerunner » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 am

I can spot a Premier toon a half mile away by the classy look and design. They make a great toon and a damn good looking one to.
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

Towdaddy

#11 Post by Towdaddy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:14 pm

We have a 2008 25' Escapade with a 225 Mercury Verado. It has the PTX option and we went for the 10' beam for additional room. Boat handles well, good top end for the size (40 mph), and the fit and finish are tops. We looked at both the Bennington and the Premier and chose the Premier for the 10' beam option.
Jeff

----------------------------------
Peggy Sue
25 x 10' 2009 Premier Escapade
225 Mercury Verado

readytogo

#12 Post by readytogo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:07 am

Does the Legend 225 2007 have a changing room?

A&DMar01

#13 Post by A&DMar01 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm

I have driven many different pontoons out there. So far I am really impressed with the manitou whether you go with the shp or the twin tube. They handle better then the southbay and premier.

I work for a charter company and we use a 235 Esacapde PTX and a 310 Boundary waters sky dek and both of them have been night mares. The lifting strakes have torn off, the 310 nose cone keeps cracking, the rear braces keep breaking, and the helm is faded.

Premier won't stand good for these problems even though these boats are only 5 years old. Premier told me because they are used for business that the warranty is only good for one year and that they are not designed to handle rough water. We use them on a lake in PA.

Also the premier and southbay do not handle or ride like a Manitou.