EPIC BOATS

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ROLAND

EPIC BOATS

#1 Post by ROLAND » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:19 am

Hey guys... any of you ever heard of Epic Boats out of California. I ask because on the news tonight here in Shreveport they ran a story on a new boat company out of Ca. that just opened shop north of Shreveport in Vivian, La. They are actually building at the old VIP Boat facility ( Vip used to be one of the best hand made boats you could buy, but like alot of other smaller businesses they shut down several years ago ) From what I heard on the news, these epic boats are "electric sport" boats... report said that Epic was the first to manufacture "electric" boats... So are these boats equipped with motors you plug in at night to charge? what kind of speed can you get out of boat motor like that? Just curious if any of you had heard of this company and what you thought of them.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

OldePharte

Re: EPIC BOATS

#2 Post by OldePharte » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:17 am

ROLAND wrote:Hey guys... any of you ever heard of Epic Boats out of California. I ask because on the news tonight here in Shreveport they ran a story on a new boat company out of Ca. that just opened shop north of Shreveport in Vivian, La. They are actually building at the old VIP Boat facility ( Vip used to be one of the best hand made boats you could buy, but like alot of other smaller businesses they shut down several years ago ) From what I heard on the news, these epic boats are "electric sport" boats... report said that Epic was the first to manufacture "electric" boats... So are these boats equipped with motors you plug in at night to charge? what kind of speed can you get out of boat motor like that? Just curious if any of you had heard of this company and what you thought of them.
A lot of stuff about the Epic wakeboard boats out there. They aren't, by any stretch, the first to manufacture electric boats. Duffy has been around for 40 years and I'm sure there are some still around older (although I can't think of one).

I am not sold on plug in electric boats for my needs, only because our lake is huge. However, there is an firm whose electric boat also includes a small gas run charger if one gets too far away from home port.
'09 Neptoon Sport 25TT SunLounger w/150 Honda

What happens at the lake stays at the lake. Unless I have my camera handy.