Pontoon Stuff

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ROLAND

Pontoon Stuff

#1 Post by ROLAND » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 am

Hi Guys... was wondering if any of you have ever bought anything for your boat from pontoonstuff.com I was looking at a new boat cover and sent them an email 2 weeks ago... still no reply. They've got a nice web site and their products look good, but I Don't want to do biz. with them if they're the type to blow off customers. Any insight is appreciated..
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

mike
Site Owner

Re: Pontoon Stuff

#2 Post by mike » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 am

I have poked around on the site and it does look nice, but I have never ordered from them... Good question, lets hear from some customers!
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

texaspontoon

#3 Post by texaspontoon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 am

I have ordered from them 3 or 4 times. I always just call rather than do a web order. Call them on the phone, their number should be on the site. They have been great for a reasonable price.

I am thinking about doing a review of them on my site. (see below) so let me know how things go ok?

Matt.
Sunrises, Sunsets, God and Country, Family and Friends enjoyed on my 2009 25' Voyager Fish and Cruise Dlx w/ Honda 225 (Top speed 42MPH light, from a 150-225 and added lifting strakes)

(Join our forum for Texas toons) http://www.texaspontoon.com

brumbyvet

#4 Post by brumbyvet » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:37 pm

I purchased a few things from them a couple of years ago and was very satisfied. I would suggest a phone order over internet just to check in stock availability. I also know they sell more then whats on their website so if your needing something thats hard to find they can probably help you out.
2009 Sun Tracker Party Barge, NV Performance Package, 90 HP Merc 4 stroke
36 mph gps...
Cherokee Lake, Tennessee

U.S. Navy 1971-1977

rancherlee

#5 Post by rancherlee » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Ordered a Bimini top from them a few months back received it 3 days later. Good service IMO
1988' Kennedy 20' "Haley's Comet"
Rebuilt 2016 with 25" single strake outer tubes and a 25x23" straked U-tube
2003 Suzuki DF140 - Yamaha 9.9HT kicker - 39.1@6300rpm

tkrein

#6 Post by tkrein » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 pm

what kind of cover are you thinking about and is the moring cover not working for you. just curuios as are boats are similar
2017 Bennington 22ssrx
115 Yamaha
karavan Trailer
2014 Chev tahoe

ROLAND

#7 Post by ROLAND » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:18 am

tkrein wrote:what kind of cover are you thinking about and is the moring cover not working for you. just curuios as are boats are similar
tkrein... the mooring cover that came with my boat is working fine, as long as I keep my boat parked inside the storage place I rent monthly. Since I store it inside there's no need to put the poles in, but even at that, it's alittle bit of a chore, takes me and the wife about 20 minutes or so to get it unfolded, figure out which way is which, in general a little bit more bother than what I want to deal with each time I put my boat up.. oh, if your wondering why cover it if it's stored indoors, down here in the south, pollen is terrible and left my boat uncovered for about 3 weeks earlier this year and the boat was just coated with pollen, from front to back, everything was just covered... anyway, if I do buy a cover from them, I'm thinking about thier "boaters best", which is supposedly water proof and trailerable. according to thier web site, the cover goes over everything including your folded down bimini top.. cover goes all the way down over the side rails and wraps under the bottom of the deck, and cinches tight with a corset type tie at the rear. btw, I would get one in burgandy... you can appreciate that! Like I said don't know if i'll do it, but I'm kinda leaning that way... I'm gonna give em a call either tomorrow or monday.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

ChappyEight

#8 Post by ChappyEight » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:03 am

Roland, looks like it's time to sign up for one of these:

http://www.theboatguard.com/
Landon & Holly
2012 Premier Solaris-RF 240 w/ PTX
225 Suzuki
Lake Monroe (Indiana)
Architect (professionally), Golfer (poorly), Sim Racer (wannabe)

Bamby

#9 Post by Bamby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:38 am

The biggest factor in dealing with the mooring cover is developing a routine use folding pattern. Lets say for instance walk up to your boat, start unsnapping the cover from front entry along one side to the back of the boat. Enter the front entry and fold the cover over to the snapped side front to back. Once you get to the back again reach over or unsnap the rest of the cover back to the front. Now it's best to use the side with the most furniture be it port or starboard start folding the cover something like a flag from front to back or vice-versa where you'll have the cover folded the same way every time. When you go to put the cover back on again you'll just lay it on the corner you finished folding it to and unroll / unfold it in reverse fashion and reinstall. It really does go pretty fast and relatively easy one you develop a routine that works for you, and to remember follow it every time.

Try it before you spend the $$$$ on another cover, you'll still need to fold it up also but it will be even bigger and bulkier to deal with.
Respect Our Recreational Resources
Leaving Only "The Footprints of Your Passing"

Boating the Muskingum River
1972 35' Crest Pontoon Houseboat
2007 90 hp. Yamaha

ROLAND

#10 Post by ROLAND » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 am

ChappyEight wrote:Roland, looks like it's time to sign up for one of these:

http://www.theboatguard.com/
ChappyEight.... wow, that thing is craaaaazy.... bet you that thing is outrageously expensive. Have no idea what something like that would cost but I sent them an email just for fun... I'll let you know what they tell me when I hear back. But I know it's going to cost a ton more than what I'm willing to spend... also it's obviously motorized, so can you imagine the hassle of getting if fixed if ( when ) something goes wrong!
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

ChappyEight

#11 Post by ChappyEight » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:36 am

Yeah I saw it at the Indianapolis Boat Sport and Travel Show last year. Cool idea, it will be interesting to see what the price is.
Landon & Holly
2012 Premier Solaris-RF 240 w/ PTX
225 Suzuki
Lake Monroe (Indiana)
Architect (professionally), Golfer (poorly), Sim Racer (wannabe)

dockholiday

#12 Post by dockholiday » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:18 am

Looks like he changed the design a little, the first loaded bow to stern. Had an aluminum box on front storing the cover.
doc

badmoonrising
Site Admin

#13 Post by badmoonrising » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 am

So I guess he listened to us :rofl :rofl :rofl Not even a thank you :rofl
Ed, Cheryl, Ethan and Aspen.
2013 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 w/90 HP Mercury, "Hellrhighwater 2"
2014 E-350 Extended XLT.
Chesapeake City ,MD

margaritaman

#14 Post by margaritaman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:45 am

The guy listened to all the critiques and advise given to him by this forum. This new design looks so much better than the prototype he had with the big box in front.
Cruising the salt waters of East Florida.

tkrein

#15 Post by tkrein » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:02 am

what about the bimini top and in high wind storms didnt look like it attached to the toon in the front or rear i do agree it would be easier but do you want to sacrifice the bimini top for ease o and with my moring cover i roll it from front to back as i am taking it off first i unsnap all the snaps then walk up the front ladder and start rolling it back then stick it under one of the couch benches just reverse for putting it on except i have to climb under to put the pole on. but taking it off i dont even take them down first just let them lay down very slowly. I know what you mean about stuff getting in the toon i have to vaccume it before i go out you have vinal so not a biggy but we have these stupid tree seeds that get in there and im not gonna let them stay in there. anyway good luck with just me i can cover it in about 5 min on trailer. 10 min on water
2017 Bennington 22ssrx
115 Yamaha
karavan Trailer
2014 Chev tahoe