Just returned from the 2011 Avalon Dealer meeting... WOW!

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Boatsnmore

Just returned from the 2011 Avalon Dealer meeting... WOW!

#1 Post by Boatsnmore » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Avalon is on top of their business... their Engineering / Design / Production Team is really taking pontoon boats to the next level.... :drool :drool

Six solid color sides to choose from along with 9 other standard colors, New Catalina models, Upgrades to 25" dia by 8 1'2 on all fish models, AWESOME Umbrellas for the fishing chairs, a New 19 LS Fish model at a price that is amazing, and their "L" Series boats are simply incredible :drool :drool :drool

Thought you might enjoy a sneak preview of a few of the 2011's.... Their committment to innovative designs, quality, and Customer Service will hit an all time high with not only the Consumer, but also their peers ( Voted as the NMMA CSI Award winner this year for the THIRD year in a row! )...

Disregard the date stamp on the pictures..... these were taken this past week :donno

Enjoy!
8) 8)

Avalon Pontoon 2010 & 2011 Gold Dealer
Caravelle Power Boats
Blazer Bass & Blazer Bay Dealer
Mercury Outboard Platinum Dealer

mike
Site Owner

Re: Just returned from the 2011 Avalon Dealer meeting... WOW!

#2 Post by mike » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:16 pm

WOW, I will take two please!! Let me know if they need anyone in Boise to demo one... Sweet looking boats, I bet they are not cheap!
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

tuned

#3 Post by tuned » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Love the 'car grill'
ToddBob
'Al the Mirthmaker' (The Third)
Build-- viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14007
Rainy Lake/Voyageurs National Park
International Falls, MN

Boatsnmore

#4 Post by Boatsnmore » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:09 pm

No... not cheap... but all things considered I know several people who have spent more for a Mooba or Ski Nautique than the top of the line Avalon sells for....

The net effect of these state of the art pontoons is that one day down the line you can expect the lower priced models to incorporate many of these features... IMO pontoons will only get better in the future...

Avalon builds models to fit almost anyone's price range today.... the interesting part is the amount of like same materials and construction that is already standard in their lowest priced models.... they use the same quality 50 oz Matrix Vinyl in an Eagle as the Excalibers etc. Same quality consoles...lighting....pontoon construction....

Yes... I am biased.... but at the same time it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing my Customers are getting their money's worth.... :thumbsup :thumbsup
Caravelle Power Boats

dockholiday

#5 Post by dockholiday » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Sure are nice but kinda makes me sad..............my boat is another year older when the 2011 are out.
doc

OldePharte

#6 Post by OldePharte » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Yep, some good lookin' machinery. So what's up with the Buick "exhaust ports"? I do like the art-deco model especially with the full "teak" decking. Mighty nice. Some one just got one and posted it somewhere. :donno

I see more and more pontoons are getting rear-facing seating. Must be a bigger need that I would have thought. The Bosslady wouldn't use 'em on a bet while underway. One reason why we didn't buy a cruiser; she wants to see where she is going, rather than where she's been. However, coving out or watching skiers/tubers they must be real handy.

Too bad we didn't have a local lake dealer. Coulda' been a contender.
'09 Neptoon Sport 25TT SunLounger w/150 Honda

What happens at the lake stays at the lake. Unless I have my camera handy.

Boatsnmore

#7 Post by Boatsnmore » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:00 pm

The "Buick" exhaust ports are actually functional compartment vents... yes, polished stainless steel.... the aft facing seats are for at rest relaxing in the cove, or for watching skiers.... they also rotate forward, recline with a footrest and are as comfortable as any first class recliner you may have sat in.... Teak decking is the latest "must have" in the luxury pontoon market... it is actually "plasteak"... a no maintenance decking.... and the "grille" look is intentional.... the design intent is to give pontoons a whole new look.... it sure isn't our Daddy's pontoon anymore..... 8) 8)
Caravelle Power Boats

busatom

#8 Post by busatom » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:47 am

WOW those are some spectacular looking Poontoons!
2004 Crest XRS III 25
140hp Johnson 4 stroke
Underskinned 13.5X15 BRP al prop
29.1 mph @ 5800rpm
Lk St Clair, MI

Slow Rider

#9 Post by Slow Rider » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Hey thanks for posting!! We just got our Avalon Ambassdor (looks like that red one in the photos) a month ago! WE love it! pics posted on texaspontoons.com...we had a few custom features done like hard top and complete teak flooring. It is an awesome vessel and built really well, but she is "heavy" with the car metal. I highly recommended Avalon boats!!!
SLOW RIDER
Avalon Ambassador 2010
225HP , 30ft
where else but Texas!?

2250 GCW ESP

#10 Post by 2250 GCW ESP » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:22 am

Good friend of mine has an 08 Tahoe which is the same company as Avalon as far as I know, its a 25 foot triple tube. It is about the only other boat I have seen that I would buy other than a Benny as they are built about as solid. They are nice boats for sure.
2011 Bennington 2250 GCW 3 tube ESP,20" transom,black,snap out carpet,59 gallon in tube fuel tank,in floor storage,rough water package,sony stereo,4 Kicker speakers,Garmin fish/depth finder,Ski tow pylon.07 Yamaha 150 4 stroke 20" shaft