Are we nuts?

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Looney Tune

Are we nuts?

#1 Post by Looney Tune » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:46 pm

My partner and I have on order a 2011 Premier Castaway 251. 25 footer. 250 hp Mercury Verado. PTX. Upgraded fishing meter. Porta potty. Snap out carpets. Double Bimini. Wash down. Sink. Raised helm. Vinyl floor. Etc. When we are done it is going to replace my old Ranger Bass boat. It's going to be a Ranger on toons. BUT--we are into this for over 60k.
Are we nuts? I have been on this website for two days and have not seen a price even close to that.
2011 Premier Cast-A-Way 251 (On Order)
PTX 36 inch tubes
300 Mercury Verado
Calabasas, Calif.
Lake Mead, Nevada

wwind3

Re: Are we nuts?

#2 Post by wwind3 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Looney Tune wrote:My partner and I have on order a 2011 Premier Castaway 251. 25 footer. 250 hp Mercury Verado. PTX. Upgraded fishing meter. Porta potty. Snap out carpets. Double Bimini. Wash down. Sink. Raised helm. Vinyl floor. Etc. When we are done it is going to replace my old Ranger Bass boat. It's going to be a Ranger on toons. BUT--we are into this for over 60k.
Are we nuts? I have been on this website for two days and have not seen a price even close to that.
yes --you are nuts :biggrin2 But it will be the best 60K you ever spent. Enjoy life--it goes by 2 fast.
2009 LOWE SS204 25in logs
90 Merc Optimax
Motorguide W55 Wireless
Underskinning
28 GPS

mike
Site Owner

#3 Post by mike » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:34 pm

wwind3 wrote:Enjoy life--it goes by 2 fast.
Hell yes, if I could afford a new one I would do it in a second! :nana
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

Slow Rider

#4 Post by Slow Rider » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Dont worry you are not nuts...! sounds like a nice boat! We were in similar situation with our new Avalon Ambassador pontoon (prices start at 50K and then go up with features) but we love our boat and the quality is excellent. Best thing is just to use your new boat ALOT!
SLOW RIDER
Avalon Ambassador 2010
225HP , 30ft
where else but Texas!?

dockholiday

#5 Post by dockholiday » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Yep think that is the key, how much use you get from it. Seems like they have price increases every year regardless of what the economy is doing. Not sure buying new is the best way to go, but you know exactly how the boat has been treated an you get to choose all your options at time of purchase. I bought new in 08 an the price has actually held up better than I expected. Actually with the old toon I wouldn't even think about what year it was cause it ran well an looked ok. I kept the old toon a little over 10 years an probably will do the same with this one, unless they come out with something different I just feel, I really want one of those. Enjoy
doc

playcat

#6 Post by playcat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 am

That is the key - how much you will use the boat. Boats are luxuries, but a great source of family fun and good times together, family or friends. don't forget to figure in maintenance costs, all boat have them. :scared: BUT a new toon SHOULD need less maintenance than an old barge like mine... :drink4
playcat
Boatless for now
Never another I/O
Kerr Reservoir, VA

Rascal

#7 Post by Rascal » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:11 pm

If 60 K is the manufactures MSRP....Them you did pay to much. I'm in the market for the Cast a Way fishing model myself and also looking at the Manitou Oasis fishing model. I have found both 2012 models of these boats to be priced for sale at 25 to 30% off the MSRP in the South West Florida area.

I have also found similar 25/30% off prices for these boats in other states on the net. I have found in stock 2011 models at 35 to 40% off MSRP. My search was originated by recommendations from posters on another pontoon forums that have purchased these boats for similar 30% off discounts.

My only exception to decent dealer discounts was in pricing a 22' Bennington S series Fishing model W/ elliptical twin tubes, 115 Yammi, Lifting strakes, etc. and etc. The dealer's a local and was at the Ft Myers FL boat show a couple weeks ago. Well, he must of thought that I was a "Well Healed" Snow Bird. I'm a year round resident trying to make ends meet on S.S. (lol).

The boat MSRP'd per the "build a boat" Bennington factory net site at $35,000. He wanted to stick it to me for $32,000. I asked him if there was any room in his price. He said that he only made $150 at that price! He's a dealer...attempting to be a STEALER.

He won't get it from me. If I decide (doubt it) on a Bennington, I'm sure there are dealers that will deal more in the 25/30% off MSRP that is the norm it these tough short money times. Renegotiate your 60K price or find another dealer that will give you the 18K off and walk from your deposit.

Kind Regards,

Jerry
Fishing Year Round SW Florida
Gulf Coast & Pine Island Sound

Premier 22' 2012 Cast A Way
115 hp Honda, 15.5 x 13 prop
Sea Star Power Steering
Day Enclosure
Loan Star Anchor Winch
Fixed Mount ipad Air for
Navigation & Satellite Weather

bassn386

#8 Post by bassn386 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 am

You can see from my signature what kind of boat I have. I talked with the dealer late summer (almost September) and he told me my boat as equipped and a 2012 model out the door would be about $6200 more than I paid for it in November 2010. Had I waited I could not have afforded my boat.
2011 Bennington 2575RCW w/ ESP
F225 Yamaha