Review of “The Pontoon and Deckboat Handbook”

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

cbavier

Re: Review of “The Pontoon and Deckboat Handbook”

#16 Post by cbavier » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:10 am

Friar wrote:I am with "Roland" and others - this website is an outstanding source of useful information. The board index is very well organized and users are always providing interesting and timely comments and insights. Thanks!

Well I'll just insert my two cents. I've been boating for over 40 years and bought my second Pontoon before joining this site. The first Pontoon I bought was 35 years ago so I had forgot everything I knew about one. This site has helped me tremendously. I read all the old posts and forums. The only thing I dislike is the use of foul language by some members but I do realize that some use it without ever thinking that this is a public forum and I don't have my head in the sand either. Mike keep up the good work because this is a great site. Right now I have a broken back and my Pontoon is put away for the winter. I'm facing two surgeries yet this winter but I'll have many questions in the spring as I plan to re-carpet our old 24 ft 1982 Aqua Patio and am thinking of extending the deck on the front by about three ft. Right now I'm just reading and learning. We did keep the Pontoon in the water for three months last summer and loved it. I think I ran eight, six Gallon tanks of gas through it last summer. The quote above expresses my opinion exactly
Own-It-II

Chuck
24 Ft Aqua Patio Executive Cruiser
50 HP Johnson
06 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
Roscommon, MI

martys

Re: Review of “The Pontoon and Deckboat Handbook”

#17 Post by martys » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:18 am

I have the same story as probably many members here. We wanted to buy our first pontoon and needed information from owners, not just sales people. I found this forum and BMR's. The information is endless. I like to read more than post but I like to help any one who is asking questions.
Premier 22.5 Legend Triple
150 E-Tec
Baltimore, Maryland