Voyager gets my vote for quality

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

mike
Site Owner

Voyager gets my vote for quality

#1 Post by mike » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:55 am

I bought a used voyager and it is a solid boat..

Seems to have all the little things done and no corners cut!

papamendy

#2 Post by papamendy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:54 am

I ended up getting a 24' Forester Executive from the in-laws in exchange for moving them (just to a new house...not out of state). They used it in Lake Champlain a few times each summer, as they live on the lake. I always did all the work on the boat for them so I knew it well. After getting it home and getting all the systems operational..sink,livewell,stereo , porta potty enclosure ,etc...I realized this thing was like a well equiped floating patio. The only repair I made to the aluminum was welding 2 small stress cracks onto of the rear end of the toons where the supprts connect to the deck (1/2 inch each) After the welding I covered area with clear silicone. There has not been a drop of water inside the toons in 3 years. I really dont know where this model fits in....in the world of toons...but with new signature series furniture,new bimini,carpet....and a little elbow grease it looks great and works even better. We usually spend entire days on the Lake. It has a 1985 90hp V4 evinrude that planes it off....but we usually just cruise at 5mph....We have always had tournament inboard ski boats....and still have one...but I cant think of anything more relaxing or enjoyable than spending a day with my family on this barge....Best of all I only have maybe 2K into it, I love to mess with it at home in the driveway (as do the little ones) and it has returned this small investment 1000 times over. OK Im done rambling on now......Im old!
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

mike
Site Owner

#3 Post by mike » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:00 pm

Wow, sounds like exactly what I want to do with mine... Just relax with the family and enjoy a day or two away on the water a couple weekends a month...

I am planning to build a computer into my pontoon boat so I can watch dvd's, listen to all my ripped mp3's, play games and use my USB gps... I dont know, but I may be the first one to actually integrate a PC into a pontoon boat??
1999 Voyager 21' Express Fish triple toon 115hp Mercury (SOLD)
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

fishmor

Voyager

#4 Post by fishmor » Mon May 07, 2007 11:00 am

Hi I'm the new kid on the block here. I don't have a pontoon yet but have wanted one for over fifty years. Why I never had one is a mystery to me as I have had other boats. I intend to have one soon. My idea is to buy a used one first and take all the furniture off it and make into a floating camp spot. That way I will be prepared to stay a day, week or month according to whim and spend the night wherever I am. If it works out well enough I will have one special built. I have already talked to the factory and they will build whatever I want. Is anyone else doing that?

I live near Lebanon MO which is a center for aluminum boat building and I looked at the pontoon boat builders around here and came to the conclusion that I liked the Voyager best. I toured the factory twice and got to see their construction and they told me they would build anything I wanted. I think they are a first class operation.

I don't like to be stuck on one lake so I am looking for something as light as possible for towing all over the country. At the same time I'm thinking nothing under 21 ft as the longer the boat the smoother the ride.

lakerunner
Site Moderator

Re: Voyager gets my vote for quality

#5 Post by lakerunner » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Mike check your warranty as Voyager is being dishonest on warranty coverage. My friend's Voyager (12yr old) had a failure of pontoon. He was sent to warranty center here in Oklahoma and The rep called factory and told owners it was a failure not an impact. His log crushed in and split along a lifting strake. Voyager owners are refusing to honor 15 year warranty on logs.
Amazingly now they offer a lifetime warranty on logs. I guess if you don't honor 15 yr warranty not honoring a lifetime is just as easy.

BUYER BEWARE
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#6 Post by lakerunner » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:30 pm

UPDATE

After receiving a nasty letter from his attorney on failure to honor written warranty they offered him a new log for $ 620.00. After it was ready to go the plant manager who by the way has said all along it was a warranty issue told frank the new log has a lifetime warranty.
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

mike
Site Owner

#7 Post by mike » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Well, I guess thats better than nothing! Certainly would make me think twice about buying from a company that wont honor a warranty... In my opinion, a company has to put customer loyalty ahead of immediate profit or they lose any chance of future profit!
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

texaspontoon

#8 Post by texaspontoon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:07 am

I bought a 2009 Voyager 25' tritoon Fish and Cruise Deluxe brand new from the factory (through a dealer). I love the boat. I hate the dealer! The boat has a huge amount of free deck space and room to fish, play whatever. What really sold me on the Voyager was the fact that I could get a capacity of 16, plus all the features I wanted (with foam filled logs and the aluminum spray shield underneath instead of exposed plywood) all for about $31,000 with the new trailer etc. I added some things myself like rope lighting (run off a small 1000 watt inverter from West Marine ($50). I also added coolers, my own docking lights, GPS, ski mirror, and the anchor winch, trim gague etc.

The only real problem I have had was bad wiring connections (they were not done with heat shrink) on the nav lights and fuel gague. (both of which went out on me).

Here is a good story for the warranty folks. I had a tear in the seam top of my seat from my kids sitting on the upper rib of the seat near the changing area. Voyager gave me a new slip cover for the seat, so all I had to do is remove the bench, take it to an upholstry shop, and they put the seat cover back on. Essentially it gave me a brand new seat for free. (It was just the material). Gary is the guy I have been working with, and he has done a great job.

Nothing major wrong yet though. I put 200 hours on in one year!
Sunrises, Sunsets, God and Country, Family and Friends enjoyed on my 2009 25' Voyager Fish and Cruise Dlx w/ Honda 225 (Top speed 42MPH light, from a 150-225 and added lifting strakes)

(Join our forum for Texas toons) http://www.texaspontoon.com

mike
Site Owner

#9 Post by mike » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:51 am

Good to hear you love the boat, sounds like we have a similar boat (your is just a bit longer and a lot newer)... :nana
2004 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Boise Idaho

kyle22fc

#10 Post by kyle22fc » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Voyager is awesome! Just purchased 22 Express Fish and Cruise with a 90 Honda 4 stroke through Waterskiboats Dallas, Inc. Love it. Boat has more pep (and quieter) than I expected. Foam filled U tubes really nice and cut the waves good, even with the wake-boats on the lake.

We considered a Bennington, but the Voyager had more length, plus 4 fishing seats compared to the 3 on their 22sfi.

Now then, the bass fishing on a hot Texas summer day, that's another story...