Anyone familiar with Suncruiser?

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

ckm351

Anyone familiar with Suncruiser?

#1 Post by ckm351 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:07 pm

I have been researching Suncruiser pontoons , made by Lowe boats. No one seems to have much info on them. I could not locate any tests or many reviews at all. The only dealer within driving distance of me does not stock them. It took more than a week to get a quote back from him. Now he is out of the office for a week. All this makes me nervous. That being said the quote was about $2500 cheaper than the nearest competitor.(20ft pontoon , 60hp merc bigfoot , trailer... $15000) I really want to see on before buying. What do you guys think?

Bamaman

Re: Anyone familiar with Suncruiser?

#2 Post by Bamaman » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:43 pm

What brands of pontoons are available within 50 miles of you?

Price is not always the best value, and service is so important. There again, pontoons properly prepared require relatively few warranty claims.

Observation: Most forum members are happier with the largest available engine or one size smaller than the smallest engine spec'd out.

Have you looked on EBayMotors.com or BoatTraders.com for year or two year old pontoons in your area? You will get more for your money going slightly used.

Pontoons last a long time if properly maintained and kept out of the weather. Mine is a 85 model Starcraft with a Yamaha 115 hp 2 stroke. It's still running great.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

Heatman

Re: Anyone familiar with Suncruiser?

#3 Post by Heatman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:25 pm

I've had mine for 7 years now and have been very happy with it. Really the only problem is the helm is starting to lose the clear coat and that may have been from me using a pressure washer on it.

That seems like a very low price. Is it the GS series? Mine is the middle series like the SS series now.
2014 Tracker Targa V-18 Combo/ Mercury 150hp 4 stroke
'06 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn Hemi
Sheridan, Indiana