Has anyone done a center console type fishing set up?

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Breauxtroy

Has anyone done a center console type fishing set up?

#1 Post by Breauxtroy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:18 pm

i have a 26 ft San Pan pontoon. I would like to redo the boat and make it more of a fishing machine. However, I still take the kids tubing. I would love input and pictures from anyone who has set their boat up for fishing.
I would also like to see photos of alternative seating, I'm just not into the big vinyl couches on a boat. Any ideas or photos would be greatly appreciated.

toondown4what

Re: Has anyone done a center console type fishing set up?

#2 Post by toondown4what » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:38 am

Mine is setup at a center console fishing boat with 2 pedestal seats up front. 100% not what we use the boat for. It's all getting ripped out right now.
rsz_2015-09-08_194213.jpg
rsz_2015-09-08_194213.jpg (131.64 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
rsz_2015-09-09_084819.jpg
rsz_2015-09-09_084819.jpg (174.44 KiB) Viewed 2792 times

ron nh

#3 Post by ron nh » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:04 am

Apex has nice center console toons. check out the web sight there petty cool.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

builderguy

#4 Post by builderguy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:11 pm

I've been reading for a while. Been a member for a short time. Haven't posted anything yet. I will do an introduction, when things slow down a little. Other than that, I thought I would add to this.

I have a center console with 2 fishing seats up front. 1990 bass buggy. Although I have moved the console, way forward. For seating, I will do the vinyl bench seats. For now, we have folding chairs.

What I have noticed so far is that the folding chairs take up more room. The also don't provide any storage. I have a couple milk crates in the back to hold various boating items. As soon as I can afford it, I will have the normal pontoon seats. Also, everyone tends to migrate to the front of the boat. This tends to make the boat front heavy. In my opinion. I have moved the batteries (2) under the console and I only have a 6 gallon gas tank. For now.

Looking back, I might not have done the center console. I think I would have more room with a side console. I decided to keep both side doors. This turned out good, because you never know which side the dock will be on. I've already used the door I thought about eliminating.

toondown4what

#5 Post by toondown4what » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:46 am

builderguy wrote:I've been reading for a while. Been a member for a short time. Haven't posted anything yet. I will do an introduction, when things slow down a little. Other than that, I thought I would add to this.

I have a center console with 2 fishing seats up front. 1990 bass buggy. Although I have moved the console, way forward. For seating, I will do the vinyl bench seats. For now, we have folding chairs.

What I have noticed so far is that the folding chairs take up more room. The also don't provide any storage. I have a couple milk crates in the back to hold various boating items. As soon as I can afford it, I will have the normal pontoon seats. Also, everyone tends to migrate to the front of the boat. This tends to make the boat front heavy. In my opinion. I have moved the batteries (2) under the console and I only have a 6 gallon gas tank. For now.

Looking back, I might not have done the center console. I think I would have more room with a side console. I decided to keep both side doors. This turned out good, because you never know which side the dock will be on. I've already used the door I thought about eliminating.
Where are you located? I have 2 38" Wise Bench seats (pictured above) and a 27" that I no longer have use for. If you were close enough these might help you out.

builderguy

#6 Post by builderguy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm in Central Illinois.

I really appreciate the offer, but I've got my heart set on a whole set from Pontoon Stuff. I tore the boat down completely, new deck, new vinyl, auto body painted the panels, new canopy, new center console, new front seats and pedestals, new trolling motor, added a back door, moved the motor back 33", completely cleared the back platform.

As for the center console. I do think I would have had more room if the console were to the side. I really wanted a center console with a livewell. This weekend, it did fish good. I could walk all the way around. This is especially helpful because the trolling motor is on the front. The wind tends to push the boat around. I liked being able to walk around the console to fish the area I wanted. Having the back platform was great. Although it was only my wife and I, we could stay out of each other's way. Get a couple kids on there and I'll feel crowded.

Thanks again for the offer. Really great. I'm just going to save up and stick to my plan.