RARE PONTOON BOAT ?

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

SEAN1951

RARE PONTOON BOAT ?

#1 Post by SEAN1951 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Hello, this is my first time posting and if it was not for Herb I may never had gotten the chance to. Thanks again Herb. I have a unusual pontoon that I am having no luck getting any info on it. It is made by American Boat Manufacture, Alma, Michigan, 1995 model Adelante ll, 24ft all aluminum and fiberglass, 2 toons, in board fuel tank, changing room. This my first pontoon boat and I have several other types of boats over the years. I have learned a lot of info from reading here and it helped me to find the kind of boat that I would be happy with. My name is Jim and I live in SC, North West Mountain area named Pumkintown ( 4 way stop ) Pickens county via Florida via Astoria, Queens NYC. Any info would be great and hello to all, Jim

smltooner

Re: RARE PONTOON BOAT ?

#2 Post by smltooner » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Welcome to the club.
SMLTOONER
Ted & Emily
2019 Bennington 21SL Tri-toon
2019 Yamaha 150 HP
Smith Mtn. Lake, Virginia

steve1313

#3 Post by steve1313 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:21 am

What info are you looking for?
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

BobL

#4 Post by BobL » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:31 am

Avalon & Tahoe Manufacturing is based out of Alma, Michigan. Maybe someone spun off from them around that time frame and tried to get in the business? I would think there may be some connection due to the size and location of Alma, MI.

Here is a blurb from an article going over the history but it never mentions American Boat Manufacturer....

Avalon & Tahoe Manufacturing Inc. was originally founded in 1981 under the name Associated Recre­ational Products Inc. When the original owner sold one half of the business to an associate in 1986 the name was changed to Playbuoy Pontoon Manufacturing Inc. Due to the death of one of the two owners, the company was sold Nov. 1, 2000, to two Saginaw businessmen – John Wolf and Jon Sawyer – along with their families and four key executives of Playbuoy.

James Wagar remained president and CEO until he retired in 2004 when Jim Wolf took the helm. Since that time, the name of the company changed its name again Avalon & Tahoe Manufacturing Inc. to distance the company from what had become a beleaguered brand known for low costs and sub-par construction.

Source = http://www.manufacturing-today.com/sect ... turing-inc

Here is a boat model called Adelnate but it is made by American Marine and not American Boat Manufacturer.

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/1992 ... 103384592/

Look at the first three characters of your HIN then do a search to verify who the manufacturer is/was then that may help with your search for more info.

Enter you MIC (which is the first three characters of the HIN) on this site:

http://www.uscgboating.org/content/manu ... rers=16146
SOLD - 2009 20' Bentley w/4 Stroke 90hp Mercury
SOLD - 2011 SouthBay 522CR w/115 4 Stroke Mercury
2014 Xcursion 23RF XS package w/150 4 Stroke Mercury

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#5 Post by HandymanHerb » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Your Welcome for the help, that is the only reason they let me hang around :rofl

Post some pictures, we love pictures
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

SEAN1951

#6 Post by SEAN1951 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Hello and thanks for the welcome. Post pictures, yeah right it took me 5 times to register!!! You can't be serious!! You guys are going to have to slow down on all this hsn and aspca abbrevations stuff, I had to google WOT! I had big plans for this weekend but some chick name Florence peed on my parade. I thank you for all the info you came up with. Will continue to research the boat. This place is really full of information about so many topics, it will take me weeks to read just some of them . Looking forward to possibly shaking your hands. Thanks again Jim.

TWB

#7 Post by TWB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:36 am

SEAN1951 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 pm

I had big plans for this weekend but some chick name Florence peed on my parade.
Welcome, Jim! This is really the place for great info. Has helped me tons.

Good luck with Florence. :scared
Paul & Michele
2003 Landau DX 24' Cruise "Loretta Jane"
2003 Mercury 75hp
My Rebuild: http://pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26135

"Don't waste brain cells over something you can do nothing about." --My Wife

bansil

#8 Post by bansil » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:19 pm

SEAN1951 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 pm
Hello and thanks for the welcome. Post pictures, yeah right it took me 5 times to register!!! You can't be serious!! You guys are going to have to slow down on all this hsn and aspca abbrevations stuff, I had to google WOT! I had big plans for this weekend but some chick name Florence peed on my parade. I thank you for all the info you came up with. Will continue to research the boat. This place is really full of information about so many topics, it will take me weeks to read just some of them . Looking forward to possibly shaking your hands. Thanks again Jim.
Florence ran us from EI,NC on Wednesday and I was like "aspca abbrevations stuff" :donno
Then I was ...aahhhh...Alpaca abbre....that didnt work either :mrgreen:
Welcome
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

KPC

#9 Post by KPC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 am

bansil

#10 Post by bansil » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 am

Interesting, needs a ton of work though.

Probably new floor definitely check that out
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com