lake of ozarks

Have a favorite place ? Share it here !

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

quad cities

lake of ozarks

#1 Post by quad cities » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi folks,
Been a long time since posted, Thinking of family vacation to ozarks pulling the new toon there.. Five hour trip one way, Suggestions of days of week or areas to be in. Thinking July sometime, The snow and flooding here in moline,il is really getting old...
thanks guys

Bamaman

Re: lake of ozarks

#2 Post by Bamaman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:53 pm

LOTO is one of the premier lakes in the U.S. And it's incredibly busy. Let me just suggest you avoid LOTO during the weekends, however.

I used to live a few miles from Lake Lanier--the U.S. Government's most used public facility. I was always amazed at the difference between weekdays and weekends.
'12 Bennington 24' SSLX Yamaha 150

ROLAND

#3 Post by ROLAND » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:23 pm

We have been to lake of the ozarks several times.. have to agree with Carl here.. If your thinking about visiting during the summer, you may want to avoid the weekends.. and me personally, rather than pulling my boat 5 hours or more each way, I think I would leave the toon at home and when you're up there, just rent one. Alot easier as far as traveling, parking, fuel etc... but that's just me. Either way you will love lake of the ozarks.
Roland & Jo
2010 Bennington 20 Sfi
Yamaha 75 4 Stroke
Shreveport, Louisiana

quad cities

#4 Post by quad cities » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Thanks guys, family and friend family conned me into hauling pontoon there.. for luggage and cooler wise,, found nice townhouse with own ramp and covered slip near a marina for fuel. private pool, private gated place for boat trailer. Hope this works

bansil

#5 Post by bansil » Mon May 13, 2019 2:27 pm

:awwwhhh

Can I come? :mrgreen:

Sounds like a good time :thumbsup
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com