Best table / bar entertaining brand and model?

Tell it like it is!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Puto

Best table / bar entertaining brand and model?

#1 Post by Puto » Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 am

I'm window shopping (for now) a solid, quality brand pontoon boat that has the best entertaining options. Any suggestions? We do not fish, tow rarely, lounge occasionally, but primarily we use the boat to raft-off or float, so the best layout for maximizing dining / table / bar options that might still be priced (well) under $100K. $50K more reasonable. I'm happy in the 18-23-foot length range. Primary use would be 15,000 acre lake, attached to a several hundred mile long river. It would be on the lake 95% of the time. It would be (Very) nice if it were a tritoon with a three-digit HP motor. I virtually built a Bennington but I soon reached $75K on their website build options, so now I am seeking additional alternatives. Premier has some incredible bar and galley setups, but it took zero time to reach $100K on their virtual builder.

bradm

Re: Best table / bar entertaining brand and model?

#2 Post by bradm » Sun May 31, 2020 11:39 am

South Bay, Avalon, and Manitou all build boats with bars or entertained set ups. I have never tried pricing as they don't fit our needs. It does seem that those packages are towards upper end of manufacturers lines so does not surprise me $$ run up quick. I have had two South Bays and own a Manitou now. We looked hard at Bennington and Avalon too. All nice and would own any of them. The Manitou fit best.

Good luck with search. Please update thread as you go. Interesting reading.

Where do are you using the boat?

Brad
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brad M.
2019 Manitou Legacy with 350 Suzuki
2016 South Bay 523 Arch. 250 Suzuki SS (sold)

steve1313

#3 Post by steve1313 » Sun May 31, 2020 6:22 pm

Don't get fooled by the online build/configure pricing. It's easy to pay 25-30% less than what's on the manufacturer website.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

Puto

#4 Post by Puto » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:15 pm

That's very good info. Thank you. I don't want to be one of the suckers who feels they have no option but to pay full price.

Steiner

#5 Post by Steiner » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:42 am

The place I got mine from had a 24' 150hp tritoon with two bars in it for under $40k last year. Think it was at least a year old maybe two, brand new, and they couldn't get rid of it because it was not a setup most people wanted.....but it was pretty sweet if that's what you wanted. Might've been a Starcraft, can't remember. It wasn't this one which is a pontoon but you get the idea. I bet if you look around enough you might be able to find a dealer in a similar bind.
https://www.muddybay.com/default.asp?pa ... wInventory

Also, ditto what Steve said. I think mine was at least 25% off list without even haggling. If you order new, you have to get it in before July or so when they start new models or else you might get hit with 2021 pricing which might be 5% or more higher than 2020.
2019 G3 SunCatcher V322 SS tritoon, Yamaha F200
2019 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4, 3.5L EcoBoost Max Trailer Tow Package

wingsaircharter1

#6 Post by wingsaircharter1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:37 pm

I got a new 2019 Misty Harbor Biscane Bay 2285 CEC which is a 3 bar stool and 2 captain chair set up for under $24k for the boat. The four stool version was about the same. Slightly used 2019 150 Merc was $10k.

Steiner

#7 Post by Steiner » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:59 am

Here you go, I think this was the one I was thinking of. I'm pretty sure it had a sign on it of $38k last year if they still have it. It wasn't what I was looking for but heck if it would've fit in my shop I would've been VERY tempted.
https://www.muddybay.com/default.asp?pa ... wInventory

Puto

#8 Post by Puto » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:34 am

Ooooh, me likey!

Puto

#9 Post by Puto » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:25 am

Thanks again for the tip, Steiner. We drove the 4-hours one-way and ended up being almost completely ignored. At least at first. We were certainly never catered to and almost treated like a side-distraction. Also not willing to deal much on the 3-year old brand-new boat sitting on their lot as an eyesore all this time. Also, I suspect there was some damage to the center tube, it angled off kinda wonky when you looked at it from the transom. Maybe that's normal, but didn't seem right. Certainly did not look like my buddy's Starcraft who has the exact same boat only a newer model year.

Instead went to the dealer nearest my house. Very accommodating, polite, professional, and not at all rushed. Great experience and great reputation. Ended up with a new Godfrey with 27-inch toons and a 175hp Yammi. Had to settle on a cruise-type layout, but will adapt by fitting a folding 34-inch square plastic table (lifetime brand- very rugged) in the tri-tube floor storage area. Should address the issue satsifactorily.

steve1313

#10 Post by steve1313 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:45 am

Puto-
Congrats on the new boat. I can promise you that you made the best decision by picking the dealer than the boat. If they don't do a good job when you're trying to give them your money, think how poorly they're likely to do when you want service!

Sounds like you found a good solution. You'll be happy with the Godfrey. That's what I have (Sweetwater) and I've been very pleased. By the way, I have a bar configuration, and even though it looks cool, it's not an efficient use of space. The two tier setup really limits the amount of tabletop space which is what you want when dining, entertaining etc. I'm thinking about removing the raised black plexiglass piece and dropping the cupholders directly into spots where the mounts are for the raised area. That would give me a one level surface with more usable countertop space.
bar.JPG
bar.JPG (141.49 KiB) Viewed 18830 times
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia

Steiner

#11 Post by Steiner » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:02 pm

Man, that's terrible. Sorry you wasted your time and it didn't work out. Like I said via pm, I didn't have much to say about them as far as being a dealer since they were not local to me and when I got mine I just wanted the boat and wasn't looking to make them my dealer. Heck, I just bought a truck and they said they'd do the first two services on it free. I told them they wouldn't have to worry about it because I didn't trust anyone to touch my stuff.