Site Admin

Re: Signing up with free e-mails

#16 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue May 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Write to: admin@pontoonforums.com for help
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

blackberg

#17 Post by blackberg » Tue May 29, 2012 4:38 pm

if you look at the posts, on the bottom there is a button to email as well as PM, the user has to have it enabled on his account to be able to receive emails from users.

-bb
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-05-29 at 4.33.04 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2012-05-29 at 4.33.04 PM.jpg (145.66 KiB) Viewed 114196 times

MacToon

#18 Post by MacToon » Tue May 29, 2012 8:42 pm

HandymanHerb wrote:I know I get e-mail sent to the forum but I couldn't find out how they did it either, maybe some one can tell us how they contacted us to approve their address.
I don't remember exactly where I saw/found the address, but I e-mailed the "admin@" address (not going to post the full address to avoid you getting spammed by a million 'bot harvesters).
Mac
2012 Xcursion X-25RL X3
225 Yamaha VMax SHO

HandymanHerb
Site Admin

#19 Post by HandymanHerb » Tue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm talking about before they get signed up, after you get in you can PM or E-mail, I knows there got to be a way to do it because the forum gets the e-mails, but a few haven't been able to contact us, so we need to find out how and post it.

I could open up a section so any one could post on, but then we would be fighting the spam on it.
In Memory of John 6x6 Larsen

ronb

#20 Post by ronb » Wed May 30, 2012 8:41 am

On at least one other forum they essentially setup a dummy account that the only thing that they ever expect to get in that inbox is requests to join the forum and they are very specific about what the subject line should be.
Finally, those of you that actually read all of that [their multiple pages of rules] are likely the only ones that will see this:

If you don't include the phrase "NISSAN GTR" in the title of your "contact us" request for full access, you won't get activated. Simple as that. Don't spell it wrong, now!

Have a nice day, Binky.

-The Management
My guess is that they have set up a rule that filters all email that fit the exact requirements into a 'new members' folder and the rest they consider spam and delete.

-ron

JLester273

#21 Post by JLester273 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:17 am

[quote="ronb"]As a new joinee.. I read this thread first and thought to my self.. where is the email address that I am supposed to send the request to? You can't view profiles until you join, even after you join and you view profiles there is not a visible email address only the option to PM.

So after reading for a while and finding lots of information I signed up with my work email address.. which isn't really desirable since I figured out that people in this position have about a 2yr life span...

How about tossing on here the preferred request email address or a link to where the preferred email address is? Maybe a dedicated contact page?
thanks,
-ron[/quote]

Same here except I didn't see this until after registering. Used the work email. Not my preferred choice. I'm hoping I can change it now.

Jason
My rebuild thread.
http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24807

nh_handyman

#22 Post by nh_handyman » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:25 am

And its not just free emails - I've had my domain for YEARS - i still had to send a message to get it unblocked before I could join.