New guy from East Texas

Check in here and say hi!

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

rick carpenter

New guy from East Texas

#1 Post by rick carpenter » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am

New guy here, we have a '21 18' Sun Tracker Bass Buggy that we've taken out twice so far. I drove my grandfather's 14' on the TX coast when I was a kid but that's about 48 years ago, so basically I'm new to boating. I'm impressed with the warranties our boat and trailer came with, as well as our dealer Quality Marine in Onalaska TX. We're keeping it raised in a slip on Lake Livingston, which is only about 40 minutes away from Huntsville in East Texas where we live. I'm retired from my printing job and now have a sub teacher gig at the high school.

Livingston is low right now, and full of stumps. We're trying to learn the clear areas but at times that gets a little 'bumpy'.
2021 Sun Tracker 18' Bass Buggy
Boat lives happily on Lake Livingston TX

curtiscapk

Re: New guy from East Texas

#2 Post by curtiscapk » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:05 am

Welcome!!!!!!! I think we have someone else on Livingston too...some old dude goes by wwind!!! always posting pics of lake life EVERYDAY! THE NERVE OF THAT GUY!!!!!!!!! :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

Marc K

#3 Post by Marc K » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:17 am

rick carpenter wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am
New guy here, we have a '21 18' Sun Tracker Bass Buggy that we've taken out twice so far. I drove my grandfather's 14' on the TX coast when I was a kid but that's about 48 years ago, so basically I'm new to boating. I'm impressed with the warranties our boat and trailer came with, as well as our dealer Quality Marine in Onalaska TX. We're keeping it raised in a slip on Lake Livingston, which is only about 40 minutes away from Huntsville in East Texas where we live. I'm retired from my printing job and now have a sub teacher gig at the high school.

Livingston is low right now, and full of stumps. We're trying to learn the clear areas but at times that gets a little 'bumpy'.
Welcome! We really love Lake Livingston and almost moved there. Ended up buying on Cedar Creek Lake instead. From the official data, Livingston has been at 100% for the last 6 months, so those stumps will alwyas be there.

https://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoir ... livingston

Marc
Big and ugly but we love our 1999/2000 Crest II DL with a Yamaha F115

steve1313

#4 Post by steve1313 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:23 am

I used to boat and water ski on Livingston back in the early 80's. My best friend's parents had a house and a boat in Waterwood. Lot's of great times on that lake, but it was always full of stumps! Sounds like nothing has changed.
Steve
"Serendipity" - 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon w/ 150HP Yamaha
Slipped at Lake Anna, Virginia
Primary Residence: Richmond, Virgina
Lake House: Lake Anna, Virginia