Pitching a tent on a Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16 DLX

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

JokeSing

Pitching a tent on a Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16 DLX

#1 Post by JokeSing » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:26 am

I’ve been thinking about ways to camp with the Bass Buggy and i know it may be a tad small but trying to see how it might work for three people. I think the front 2 fishing chairs are removable but how do you remove (part of) the L-shaped seat on the back to make more room? Basically i want only enough space for 3 people to sit and the rest would be sleeping space

Can it be done? Am i better off just buying a full enclosure for it? Is there even a full enclosure for Bass Buggies?
2018 Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16 DLX
2010 Bass Hound 10.2

SoCalAngler

Re: Pitching a tent on a Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 16 DLX

#2 Post by SoCalAngler » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 am

Sounds like a custom mod. Anything can be accomplished with time, money, determination, and patience.

The L couch can be removed, I assume it is bolted to floor as most are. Not sure if only a potyion could be removed. Easy enough to check...inspect floor mounting bolts and also the angle where the two sections connect. They are probably bolted together. If one section is removed, you will end up with the remaining section not having an end piece. OR....you could remove entire L couch and look at Pontoon Stuff and replace with a couch that has both arm rest ends. They sell them in varying lengths/colors.

As far as full enclosures....I'm sure someone makes them. Or you can have a custom one made.

NOTE: I do like the "Stow More" storage spaces (back of seats) found in the newer Suntracker line.
2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty, XLT, V10, 4X2, Crew Cab, Short Bed...tow vehicle
2017 Alumacraft V16; 2017 Yamaha F25; 2017 Karavan Trailer
2011 Keystone Outback 250RS