Pound for Pound what is your best fish fight?

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

lakerunner
Site Moderator

Re: Pound for Pound what is your best fish fight?

#31 Post by lakerunner » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:57 pm

True story

Me and a few buddies were trolling for White Bass using deep Model A Bombers. We were trolling the break around this little island on Tenkiller when I had a hit so hard it nearly broke my rod. With drag screaming we got the boat stopped and the fight was on. I normally troll with about 200ft of line out to get it deep and farther from noise of motor. Anyway I fought this for a good 15 min when I finally saw my catch. It was a 24" bar from a chainsaw and I caught the oil hole on the tip. It rolled and dove like a real fish was fighting. I almost had it mounted. So my best fight was with a chainsaw bar.
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

curtiscapk

#32 Post by curtiscapk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :nutkick :nutkick
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

fredeboy

#33 Post by fredeboy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 am

I don't care who you are that's FUNNY right there :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

yellowk9

#34 Post by yellowk9 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 am

lakerunner wrote:True story

Me and a few buddies were trolling for White Bass using deep Model A Bombers. We were trolling the break around this little island on Tenkiller when I had a hit so hard it nearly broke my rod. With drag screaming we got the boat stopped and the fight was on. I normally troll with about 200ft of line out to get it deep and farther from noise of motor. Anyway I fought this for a good 15 min when I finally saw my catch. It was a 24" bar from a chainsaw and I caught the oil hole on the tip. It rolled and dove like a real fish was fighting. I almost had it mounted. So my best fight was with a chainsaw bar.
You could just tell people you caught a "sawfish". When I was a kid and we got snagged on a tree or log we always said we caught a "limb bream".
2002 Sweetwater 20RE
2002 90 HP Suzuki 4-Stroke

RobRoy

#35 Post by RobRoy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Great stories here... Mine was in Cabo in a fishing tourney when a 35lb Amberjack jumped on the line.

It felt like I was reeling a 50 gal trashcan full of water to the surface. ....which I had to do three times before it gave in.

My arms remained locked like "Clawboy" for two days.
2006 24' Sun Tracker w/ Full Enclosure, 75 HP Mercury OB

HighCountry

#36 Post by HighCountry » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:10 pm

I would have to say Amberjack, they don't call them reef donkeys for nothing WOW
WavesBeckn
2008 Voyager SCC
115 Honda
Nationwide Tandem axle Trailer

ron nh

#37 Post by ron nh » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:19 pm

wow, similar stories, I once landed one in cabo, she was huge! her name was amber but she looked like a jack.
2015 Qwest LS 818XRE Tri-toon w/mercury 115.

HighCountry

#38 Post by HighCountry » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:25 am

:lol: your killing me
WavesBeckn
2008 Voyager SCC
115 Honda
Nationwide Tandem axle Trailer

lemans81

#39 Post by lemans81 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:20 am

Mine would be a flathead catfish, in my teens my dad and I fished these old farm ponds and we had only pulled channel cats out(up to maybe 20 lbs), but I was fishing for blue gill at the time and wanted to eat lunch so I threw some catfish bait on and threw my ultralight rod with 8 lb line on it out with no real intention of catching anything, figured I would be done eating long before a bite. Just as I finished lunch I saw my rod bending and 35 good minutes later I pulled up this flathead catfish that only weighed like 9 lbs but it felt like a 20+ lb'er fighting, we were certain it was going to be the biggest. I remember he had chunks missing in his fins and body from turtles it looked like, my dad grabbed the pliers and took the hook out and the fish jerked, bit him and took a chunk out of his thumb. Since he was a bad leroy brown of a fish, we let him go.

Sadly that's probably my best fish story, I haven't been in many years as I remember when my sister hooked my dad when we were young with a treble hook, when we were learning. There was only two kids....I have 4....I will not be hooked. I have bought them all kid rods with the weights for back yard casting lol.
24' Sweetwater w/tritoon, 4in strakes, 70% underskinned, 150HP HPDI Yamaha 2stroke.

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”
-Mark Twain