Fishing fun!

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

C_M_25

Fishing fun!

#1 Post by C_M_25 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Well, I reeled in my first fish on the boat two weeks ago! Woot! It has been a slow season though for the most part. I think I have more seat punctures (from friends not used to fishing on boats with furniture :x ) than fish. I actually tried to patch them up but I'm not very good at color matching yet. Oh well. Better patched than having a hole there to deteriorate into a worse condition.

Anyway, I love fishing from the toon. It opens up so many more opportunities than fishing from the shore. However, I can't help but notice that I am still being out fished by the old geezers on the dock :fyou
2014 Sweetwater 2086SW
90 Hp Yamaha 4-stroke

RcgTexas

Re: Fishing fun!

#2 Post by RcgTexas » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Seat punctures :roll: That's a bummer for sure. Hey the fishing will get better. You know they don't call it "catching".

Practice ...............practice. :biggrin2
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America

REPETE

#3 Post by REPETE » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 am

RcgTexas wrote:Seat punctures :roll: That's a bummer for sure. Hey the fishing will get better. You know they don't call it "catching".

I have a fishing boat for fishing and a pontoon boat for not fishing. I realized long ago that "guests" never-ever treat my stuff like theirs. Especially at the lake when everyone is "on vacation".
Just verified it on Snopes. Liberals are complete mouth breathing idiots.

I shanked my lover because hoes kept stealing my taco's.

RcgTexas

#4 Post by RcgTexas » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:53 pm

REPETE wrote:
RcgTexas wrote:Seat punctures :roll: That's a bummer for sure. Hey the fishing will get better. You know they don't call it "catching".

I have a fishing boat for fishing and a pontoon boat for not fishing. I realized long ago that "guests" never-ever treat my stuff like theirs. Especially at the lake when everyone is "on vacation".

Yea Its called mine over matter.....It ain't mine so it don't matter! :x :x
1995 beachcomber conversion to tritoon with Honda 135 ,

Link to rebuild [url=http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19016][Knot Normal][/url]

God Bless America

REPETE

#5 Post by REPETE » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:20 am

RcgTexas wrote:
REPETE wrote:

Yea Its called mine over matter.....It ain't mine so it don't matter! :x :x
Agreed... and I honestly think in some cases it's juts people being assholes. Like earlier this summer some young adult guests were riding our jet skies and using our boats and not only didn't chip in for some gas, but never even filled the tanks! They would bring them back empty and everything would sit until I filled them. (I put a stop to that?

...and in other cases it's just the people don't know any better. They don't even have a clue what problems are bound to happen or what issues we face.

dunny961

#6 Post by dunny961 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:22 am

I made a conscious effort years ago to bring something borrowed, back better than the way in which I got it. Topping the tank off, washing or hosing off if need be, changing oil or whatever. It made my friends feel a little easier whenever I need to "bum" something. I just wish some of them would reciprocate a little better, but oh well, that's just who I am! :biggrin2
2011 Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 21 "Laid Off Sick"
90 Mercury Fourstroke
2006 Chevy 2500HD SBCC 4X4 w/Duramax

REPETE

#7 Post by REPETE » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:52 am

dunny961 wrote:I made a conscious effort years ago to bring something borrowed, back better than the way in which I got it. Topping the tank off, washing or hosing off if need be, changing oil or whatever. It made my friends feel a little easier whenever I need to "bum" something. I just wish some of them would reciprocate a little better, but oh well, that's just who I am! :biggrin2

Yep! Last year I barrowed a friend a hand sander. Like a year goes by and I can't find it and I'm going nuts. Then I remembered he had it and I asked him WTF....where is it?! ....and he goes "It's your fault for not knowing where your shit is". :lol3

OK Toon

#8 Post by OK Toon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:46 am

C_M_25 wrote: Anyway, I love fishing from the toon. It opens up so many more opportunities than fishing from the shore. However, I can't help but notice that I am still being out fished by the old geezers on the dock :fyou
We only fish from our dock -- no fishing on the toon. But the reason the old geezers on the dock were probably catching fish was because somebody hung trees under the dock to provide shelter for the fish. If you are fishing from your toon, look for standing timber or some other type of brush underwater. Do you have a fish finder on your boat? Last April I was catching lots of crappie from our dock while the guys on shore and even some guys in boats, weren't catching a thing. We put cedar trees hanging from the posts on our dock -- which reminds me, I need to change them out soon.
Kim and Steve
2003 Lowe Suncruiser Trinidad 222
2003 Yamaha 90hp 4-stroke
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7
Spend most of our time on Lake Eufaula

LittleRiver

#9 Post by LittleRiver » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 am

Have a bass boat and the pontoon set up for fishing.
Most of the time it will just be me and mama but remember if you invite, its a INVITE, not a obligation to help pay for expenses on your boat.
Sold the offshore Fountain a year ago when I decided to move back to fresh water closer to home, and that toy run about 400 a day to play with.
Of course you can't charge the GF.. (she can get you back,, :happy ) and there again if you invite you can't be upset oif no one offers.
If you enjoyed the day and they want to come back, then you can talk about some HOing as its called on salt water.
Helping out. !!

As to watching what they do while on the boat, O NO,, if they are careless punch holes, ect in the boat, there is a first and last time they will be on it. I take them to have fun, not to raise. They tear it up then can fund the cost or like mentioned, its the last trip.
Best friend I have has his own boat. We don't ask to borrow each others stuff and in extreme cases if it happens we both know if its tore up the other pays for it. You keep friends that way to..
[i][color=#0000BF] ...08 24' Party Barge "Tiggers Toy" 50hp..[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000BF] ..Triton TR21X 250 V-Max "Yellow Bullet".. [/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000BF] .. Little River Motorsports Top Dragster T/D[/color][/i]
[i][color=#0000BF] ..Dodge and Ford truck, but still race a Chevy[/color][/i]

NonHyphenAmerican

#10 Post by NonHyphenAmerican » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:49 pm

REPETE wrote:Yea Its called mine over matter.....It ain't mine so it don't matter! :x :x
Agreed... and I honestly think in some cases it's juts people being assholes. Like earlier this summer some young adult guests were riding our jet skies and using our boats and not only didn't chip in for some gas, but never even filled the tanks! They would bring them back empty and everything would sit until I filled them. (I put a stop to that?

...and in other cases it's just the people don't know any better. They don't even have a clue what problems are bound to happen or what issues we face.
I'd have put a stop to it as well.

I have very few "Friends".

I have TONS of "Acquaintances".

My Friends know better.

Acquaintances don't get the chance.
[color=#FF0000][b]22' G3 SunCatcher V22F
Yamaha F-90
Tooning on El Dorado Reservoir[/b][/color]