ThruNite TN12 LED flashlight (NW)

Lets talk about all aspects of camping & Fishing... location, gear, tips & tricks, ect... (credit for this section goes to backlash)

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

joe20toon

ThruNite TN12 LED flashlight (NW)

#1 Post by joe20toon » Sun May 29, 2016 7:33 am

After reading/researching many LED flashlights, the ThruNite TN12 in my opinion, was the best LED flashlight in that size and output. Also, the "neutral white" looked much better than the "cool white" output. The "cool white" muted colors and had a bluish tint.

I'm using the Xtar VP2 charger and Orbtronic 3,400 mAh battery. I also bought a spare battery.

There's a newer TN12 that has a convenient USB plug on the light to charge it. It costs more.

The TN12 can stand vertically on its base which is useful for tent, etc. camping outings. That provides a 'lantern lighting' effect, filling a tent or enclosure with light.

Fenix makes a similar flashlight but, it costs more.

Newer LED technology costs more but, once you use one, you won't go back to Ray-O-Vac, Eveready, the cheaper stuff...

http://www.amazon.com/ThruNite%C2%AE-TN ... 1_1&sr=8-1
2016 20 foot Sylvan RPT (V Pontoons)
Yamaha Vmax SHO 115HP
80 Pound Thrust RipTide Trolling Motor
Humminbird Helix 7 Side Imaging

TDJ2591

Re: ThruNite TN12 LED flashlight (NW)

#2 Post by TDJ2591 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:07 pm

I bought 3 Ultrafire XML-T6 all aluminum flashlights from Amazon for under $15 each for the grandkids to use at the beach. Each kit ibcluded 2 18650 rechargeable batteries, an a/c charger, car adapter for charger and a holder for 3 AAA batteries. They have 5 light modes, including strobe & SOS, and zoom from spot to flood. They have a single Cree LED bulb and are the brightest lights I have ever seen, especially for their small size. They require only one of the 18650 batteries. We keep the 2nd battery charged up as a spare.

We could light up a large area of the beach from our 9th floor condo with a single flashlight in flood mode or shine about 750' in spot mode. These are amazing lights! I had to buy one for myself when we returned from the beach and plan to order another for each vehicle and the boat. I believe that they are bright enough to temporarily blind someone (self-defense?).
[color=#4000FF]2005 Crest Caribbean 25'
2006 Honda 135hp 4 stroke[/color]