Dilemma

Post your restoration and rebuild projects here.

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Zonahunter

Dilemma

#1 Post by Zonahunter » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:27 pm

I have a 1993 Harris Flotebote with an inop Yamaha stern drive. The boat is 24 foot long 8 feet wide and is a blast since it has a top deck that the boys enjoy jumping off of. This pontoon would not go into fwd and upon further inspection, too much corrosion has accumulated along with the bad clutch dog so the engine is good bad sterndrive, obsolescence issues. In the meantime I bought a 2004 24 foot 8'6" wide Smoker craft with a Yamaha 90 outboard that is still under warranty. I had planned on removing my Harris furniture and installing on the Smoker Craft, once the flooring was upgraded. Sell the Smoker Craft furniture and the Harris pontoon and trailer.
Now I am wondering if it is all worth it? I have thought long and hard and think the better option would be to put a third toon with transom for an outboard with an integrated fuel tank. I could then sell the Smoker Craft and trailer as a better option for selling and recouping my money. I would still need an outboard for the Harris but figured I may be able to find a good used 115.

Please chime in as some of you have restored pontoons and may know better the options I face.
Attachments
IMG_1716.JPG
1993 Harris
IMG_1716.JPG (75.79 KiB) Viewed 13237 times

MattGent

Re: Dilemma

#2 Post by MattGent » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 pm

I like the third log idea. Pretty simple on a pontoon.

Price it all out including controls. Could be cheap if you’re lucky and find good used parts, or $15k all in with new log and power.

bansil

#3 Post by bansil » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:51 pm

X87 :thumbsup
Check out "Dudes" site www.whereisdude.com

gerard143

#4 Post by gerard143 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 am

keep the harris 2 story boat. mod her to get here where you want it. I completely restored my 1987 harris. It rivals new 100k boats now.

I have a nice 115 i'll be selling. It's complete with like everything. Hydraulic steering, wiring harness, binnacle shifter, hydraulic hoses, oil tank, service manual, dealer software and usb connector, list goes on and on. I want around 5500-6k for entire setup. I have 10k into it with receipts on hand.