What you need on your toon

You know the drill..

Moderators: Redneck_Randy, badmoonrising, lakerunner

Coach v

Re: What you need on your toon

#61 Post by Coach v » Thu May 04, 2017 4:44 pm

After reading this thread, I think I found the right forum!

Henpecked

#62 Post by Henpecked » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Coach v wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 4:44 pm
After reading this thread, I think I found the right forum!
I agree. This thread is great.

For my contribution to this thread, I suggest headlamps or caps with lighted visors as a backup to your "house" lighting. They are great for tying fish hooks or working on your boat at night. Keep one with your tools at least. They are great for automotive work also. I changed my kid's fan belts in the dark last night. (Too hot in the day)

jgrimes295

#63 Post by jgrimes295 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:11 am

For those of us that leave our boats at local marinas.....I've found that a locking box for tools and a cable lock to tie THAT to something helps. We had a few kids come through the marina one night and stole things from various boats....didn't matter whether they were covered or not.

In my case I lost a small drawer of cheap tools, 3 inexpensive fishing rods, tackle box and worst of all....the water-tite box we kept the TP in!! :)
2011 Harris Floteboat
Cruiser CX200
"Sandy's Shore"
Home Port - Anna Point Marina
Lake Anna, VA!

curtiscapk

#64 Post by curtiscapk » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:27 am

Boat hook!

RIP Missy...... :cry:
Attachments
100_0636a.jpg
100_0636a.jpg (112.81 KiB) Viewed 25094 times
Craig and Paula
"THE FLOATER" rebuild Spring 2013
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15328
94 Party Barge 24' 115 merc
Turning Point hustler 14 x 13 prop
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

Marc K

#65 Post by Marc K » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:33 pm

You got me thinking....... I do have two boat hooks, one fore and one at the helm. But they are both telescoping so they wouldn't let me lift my dog out of the water. He does have a good "float coat" with a strong handle. Right now someone in the water or on the tube just needs to give him a little boost to get aboard.

But if he ends up in cold water by himself, I will need a shorter, stouter setup to quickly lift him out at 55 lbs. dry. I'm still new at lake boating and pontoons. Glad you posted that picture!

Marc
Big and ugly but we love our 1999/2000 Crest II DL with a Yamaha F115

curtiscapk

#66 Post by curtiscapk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 pm

No problem! That little shit was the perfect lake dog. RIP! She would paddle around till I lifted her out! :biggrin2
Craig and Paula
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

Seafarer

#67 Post by Seafarer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:49 pm

For those of us in the rivers and salt marshes in the lowcountry a chart is a necessity.

Gary

FogHorn

#68 Post by FogHorn » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:39 am

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to remain silent.

Liberal shares a root word with Liberty. Being Conservative in criticism of those who desire to Liberate themselves from the right-wing movements which have been in the Wrong throughout History would be both prudent and Christian.

I pay my taxes, defend the weak, and pray for our country.

Hate and hateful speech is unproductive.

Tooning is why we’re here. Let’s get on with it. A good sea-anchor (drogue style) is easily stored and very helpful in strong winds when propulsion dies.
2015 SouthBay 522FRC w/ F150 Yamaha
1983 Conroy X18 w/ Volvo 125 I/O

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#69 Post by lakerunner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:47 pm

So Mr liberal who is doing the silencing of free speech? Who are assaulting conservative students on college campuses? Who cares more about illegals crossing our border that the citizens of this country. I tell you who, the democrats you put in office
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
2004 Tracker 22 Regency/2010 90 E-Tec. Pulled by Ford 2020 F 250,
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

FogHorn

#70 Post by FogHorn » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:49 pm

lakerunner wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:47 pm
So Mr liberal who is doing the silencing of free speech? Who are assaulting conservative students on college campuses? Who cares more about illegals crossing our border that the citizens of this country. I tell you who, the democrats you put in office
Perhaps you are addressing myself... Whomever is assaulting others on campuses authorizes YOU to also behave/speak badly of those you don’t know?
What makes you think only you care about who and how someone crosses borders? And what makes a border-crossing illegal anyway? If I were living in Guatemala or Honduras or ...whereever...and my life and the livelihood/future of my children were in danger .....I’d care not about some political border either... I’d get my children out of there any way I could. And if you have any honesty about matters so would you. They are not “Illegals” until they are adjudged so in a court of law. They are refugees and we are the country who has made our reputation and our success-story is based on those kinds of people.

The problem isn’t that they’re seeking refuge. The problem is that our Republican-controlled frozen-in-place gov’t hasn’t seen the folly of having our troops in the mid-East and completely failed to lead THIS hemisphere toward better economic and political fortunes. Conservatives are not interested in foreign aid except where big oil has interests. Conservatives claim to be Christian...yet deny help to the stranger or the foreigner or the weak/helpless... the very thing their Icon Christ promoted and the Bible preaches. Conservatives claim to be “pro-life” but favor capital punishment which costs more than lifetime incarcerations and has murdered in OUR NAME hundreds if not thousands of innocents.

Like Nazi rallies in the 1930s/1940s Conservatives hold rallies completely in opposition of the religion and the freedoms they claim to support.

Yep. We’re out to “Make America Grate Again” and it’s working so well. All-righty then...

...Still want to argue about things you don’t understand? ...Or would you rather talk about something we Can agree upon.... pontoon boats.

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#71 Post by lakerunner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:15 pm

"They are not “Illegals” until they are adjudged so in a court of law"

They are criminals as soon as they cross the border illegally.

.".Still want to argue about things you don’t understand? "

I understand liberals like you all to well, they are too stupid to argue with.
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

FogHorn

#72 Post by FogHorn » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:38 am

People SHOUT and throw insults when they run out of truth and logic.

Crossing a border is not illegal. Read the law. In fact, that is one of the major reasons we need immigration reform, to clarify that matter.

Crossing the border, not applying for visa or asylum and staying beyond permits is what is illegal. Until that person receives proper legal adjudication they are not “illegal” (as defined by the colloquial use of that term.). However, many Americans believe that “illegal” is not a noun, but is instead an adjective. A person who believes in pro-life cannot also endorse a concept tht a person can be an “illegal” unless the person was created by a mad scientist or is ignorant of the law by claiming someone who seeks refuge is automatically illegal.

Towing your boat from one location to another is not illegal. Boating without proper registration is illegal. Do you like boats?

curtiscapk

#73 Post by curtiscapk » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:25 am

wow 10 posts and you're spouting this shit! Pontoon boats man! don't try and push your agenda on us! You are highly outnumbered!

Sorry for the hijack!!!
Craig and Paula
22mph gps 3 people
12 F150
Overland Park Ks
Hillsdale Lake, KS

lakerunner
Site Moderator

#74 Post by lakerunner » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:35 pm

What a turd, go somewhere else to spout your shit.
Loyd & Betty Meeks
Livin the lake life
McAlester, Oklahoma
Home lake is Tenkiller

teecro

#75 Post by teecro » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:43 pm

FogHorn wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:39 am
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to remain silent.

Liberal shares a root word with Liberty. Being Conservative in criticism of those who desire to Liberate themselves from the right-wing movements which have been in the Wrong throughout History would be both prudent and Christian.

I pay my taxes, defend the weak, and pray for our country.

Hate and hateful speech is unproductive.

Tooning is why we’re here. Let’s get on with it. A good sea-anchor (drogue style) is easily stored and very helpful in strong winds when propulsion dies.
Where in the Sam Hell does this spew fit into the topic of this thread?
T CRO
2017 Berkshire CTS 24 RFX with Yamaha F150/Simomized 200
2015 Caravelle 16 EBo with Mercury 90